bought this off EBAY

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

offerred a price on this on ebay and got it, have a hatch with from what ive worked out this option on the black vinyl anyways how hard is it to source if i needed more ?? and what price a metre this was 2.5 x 1600 any help thanks , trying to build my parts list so when i get going i have everything to do it all at once .Attached File  tarten orange toranatrim.jpg   140.26K   11 downloads and is this enough to do all the inserts ? and door trims

#2 _Sunbird_

_Sunbird_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Not sure if it's enough for what you need but it would make a terrific pair of pants.

#3 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Lol, golf pants....with enough left over for a matching hat!

#4 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

frOck yes. Doooo it.

#5 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,460 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

I think he also had some green and yellow

If you want to really WOW them in the clubhouse

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'm sure I saw these in Caddyshack

#7 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

BAHAHAHA im sure they were in caddy shack too ,funny bastards .Soon as i saw the first reply i knew what was coming ............

#8 unclefestal34s

unclefestal34s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

i had that trim many years ago in one off my lx sunbird hatches

#9 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

may just be enough for the seats though i think you are pushing it for the door trims also. i think golf pants and hat is the go LOL

actually i could tailor make you some pants :)

#10 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

That stuff would be right at home in my mate's '69 Camaro.... (I ordered the orange and black houndstooth for it here) lol...

A pair of pants would be pretty awesome, they would be so loud people would need ear plugs when you walked past :D

Attached Files

#11 mika03au

mika03au

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Car:LX hatch
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

This is the fashion pack material you have which was available in 3 different variations, the red, a blue/green and a yellow.
I remember seeing this on eBay but decided it may not be enough for the inserts on the doors and seats.
For my hatch seat inserts I measured 2X fronts at 500X1500 ea and 2X rears at 500X1300 ea. The door cards are 2X fronts at 1100X300 and 2X rears 600X300.
Difficult to find a company which can do the inserts into the door cards as most need to plastic weld the materials, cloth doesn't plastic weld.
I decided to try match the optional brown or grey HZ/UC tartan material which was used on mainly HZ GTS. I have never seen it on a UC even though my Torana Tough book shows a pictue.
Closest I could muster is the Golf VI GTd.
Was able to order it through a company in Germany.
These pictures show what I am talking about.
https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

#12 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

id imagine the cost of that material michael from germany.. would have been expensive! its different and will certainly look great

#13 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

can this be put into door cards boomfunk???

#14 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

I dont believe so as michael said about the heat welding and so on, but i dont own one of those machines so im not the best person to ask if it can or cant be done to be honest with you, i would ask steve at cools or even winner in SA, have a chat to either and see what they say as they have the machine.

Unless there is another way part from heat welding, but we no heat welding last years and years, the rest of the trim will fall apart before the area of heat welding

#15 mika03au

mika03au

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

I have spoken with Cools and they arent able to do the cards. I have had a chat with WInner over in SA and they have done them before. It is a totally different process for the door cards with fabric inserts apparently.
Actually Boomfunk I have emailed you (Cindy) and will be chatting some more with you regards my seats as soon as the fabric lands on my door step.See you soon.

#16 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

you won't be sorry, ( g'day Cindy )

#17 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

hello Mark :), it is good to see that people do support the smaller business's also, its very warming, we do put the effort in and we do offer very personalised service, not just money in money out

Extremely passionate about torana's, almost to the point of ocd lol

Whenever ever your ready michael, its good timing at the moment as just about finished all our seat orders.. sooner the better for us

#18 _Smitty 71_

_Smitty 71_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Try dash original in SA they had a lot of that sort of gear. They did my hq in the green houndstooth which was hard to find. And yes if there is any left over cool pants or even for the oldies a bay city rollers scarf now that's showing my age haha

#19 mika03au

mika03au

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Never thought of Dash Original for my door cards, they did my dash pad, sunvisor and armrest resto, extremely happy with their work, could say a faultless job. Might give Ziggy & Co a call to see what they can offer.

Boomfunk...Will give you guys a call monday morning. Though havent got my fabric as yet (its somewhere between Germany and my PO box), can you PM me the best contact number and times? Cheers.

#20 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

If anyone has some of the blue/green tartan hiding in their cupboard that they want to get rid of, please let me know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users