EHking pin and drag link repairs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _bunkerjest_

_bunkerjest_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

My mate has a really worn kingpin and draglink his EH and ringing around places today I got a few different things

I can get a repair kit off ebay for the draglink which im told probably wont fix it and ill have to "send it to them" so they can fix it. Also quoted $250 per side for the kinpin overhaul. Does that sound right or is there other places to source parts for these

#2 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Do you have a lathe and a welder?

Not totally familiar with early holden king pin suspension but im half done redoing a whippet front end that i have laying around for one day, the bushes and the like are fairly easy to make. Total cost thus far = 0.

Cheers.

#3 _bunkerjest_

_bunkerjest_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

mate I have a little shitty arc welder but no lathe. Im not really clued up on kingpin either. I see on rares u can get some rod thing etc but I think they used to get oversize buses or what not im not real sure. I think the steering is basically same as the old hilux drag links. I ordered a manual today so I will give that a going over.

#4 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

I can get a repair kit off ebay for the draglink which im told probably wont fix it and ill have to "send it to them" so they can fix it. Also quoted $250 per side for the kinpin overhaul. Does that sound right or is there other places to source parts for these

I'm pretty sure that Rare Spares do exchange upright assemblies for a lot less than $250 each. They are complete assemblies, ready to use & simply bolt on at the outer pivot bolts.

The drag link overhaul should be straightforward enough for anyone who can read a workshop manual & with average mechanical skills.

Dr Terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users