62 replies to this topic

#51 hainzy

hainzy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hey guys any definitive updates on all this?

I am in the middle of wondering which way to go. I need the rat trap clutch changed in my aussie 4 and 253 combo, which will be a pain in the bum..

But I also have a EFI 304 and a rebuilt V8 T5 sitting there. The only thing that puts me off using that combo is the T5 not fitting.

Ive read through lots of posts on here but Im not clear on if anything works? Maybe the ford extension is worth pursuing?

Can anyone suggest the best thing to do to fit the T5 in with minimal mods to the floor? Or is there another man box that would bolt up better?

#52 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

Sorry to say. I went to fit same combo manual holden T5 and 304 in mine yesterday. Using hq mounts and sump. It don't fit. The shifter sits too far back and hits even with cutting up to the tunmel renforcement. I will be looking at ford V6 T5 with crs bell housing. Gutted as at first I thought it would fit until I realised I was still using the commodore mounts.

#53 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,118 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

Hey guys any definitive updates on all this?

I am in the middle of wondering which way to go. I need the rat trap clutch changed in my aussie 4 and 253 combo, which will be a pain in the bum..

But I also have a EFI 304 and a rebuilt V8 T5 sitting there. The only thing that puts me off using that combo is the T5 not fitting.

Ive read through lots of posts on here but Im not clear on if anything works? Maybe the ford extension is worth pursuing?

Can anyone suggest the best thing to do to fit the T5 in with minimal mods to the floor? Or is there another man box that would bolt up better?

Pretty sure the supra box fits better than the T5 but i have never seen one in a car myself

#54 SmacT

SmacT

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Car:LX 4dr 383, TKX, BW

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Berro, I fitted the T5/304 (straight out of a VN V8) in mine and the crossbrace tunnel mod was pretty simple and approved by my engineer. Compared to what you have already done on your awesome build, it would be a snack for you if don't mind cutting the floor. My time again, I would have gone the Ford extension housing as it could be neater, but I had to use what I had.

Basically I boxed in what I cut out so it retains its strength. Better check with YOUR engineer first if you want to be sure, of course.

Attached File  Tunnel.jpg   19.85K   8 downloads

Attached File  Tunnel 2.jpg   16.48K   8 downloads

Attached File  Tunnel 3.jpg   19.19K   9 downloads

#55 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

Nice work Smact.
If the car wasn't painted and the interior in I would give that a go.

#56 SmacT

SmacT

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

Oh yeah - true. ^^ Mine cleared in every other way, so maybe the Ford housing option is worth a shot?

#57 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

Mine too that's what's so frustrating. Do you have the measurements on how much you cut out of the tunnel/ chair reinforcement? From memory it was only 20-30mm I'm toying with the idea of making my own engine mounts to bring it forward.

#58 SmacT

SmacT

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

I know another forum member brought it forward using that method - was it the guy doing the GTR (Nissan) LX? As long as there is room for the radiator and fan set up, that could work. I believe I cut out 30mm, but it was ages ago and I didn't keep a record of how much. Sorry. I can duck down the shed later tonight and measure if you want? Bear in mind mine is a LX, not a UC, but should be the same.

#59 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

I bought a ford 6 T5 and a Dellows bellhousing today.

#60 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:47 PM

BERRO...Let us know how you get on, I am thinking of doing the same,Im over this T350 and want Manual again!.

The one you just bought,I was thinking of buying but haven't done enough research yet

#61 _hatch black_

_hatch black_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

So correct me if I am wrong,if I have a crs top loader,single rail bellhousing it will bolt up to a comm vs t5?

#62 _bradxu1_

_bradxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

sorry to butt in, but im bout to be using this set to, do you use the original holden clutch fork n throw out bearing thanks

#63 _tarusnz_

_tarusnz_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

Older tread that doesnt quite give me the info i need, has anyone fitted a Camaro T5 behind a SBC in an LH? I have the oppotunity to buy one and wondering if i will need to cut the subframe? cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users