Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

I see the LH/LX tail-lights in silver cost $82.80 (LRS1040).
http://www.rarespare...product=LRS1040

Why do the same parts but in black cost $19.95 more when both need to be painted regardless (LRS1041 @ $102.75)?
http://www.rarespare...product=LRS1041

Is there a genuine reason or is it merely price points for less attractive versus more attractive item?
Cheers, TB

Edited by Tyre biter, 16 December 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#2 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Price points methinks, dont know about rare spares situation but i know i buy black paint a lot cheaper than silver, and its easyer to put on......

I'd buy the silver ones and paint them black personally, then give a one fingered salute to no one in particular after the job is finished. :tease:

Cheers

#3 Uncle Chop Chop

Uncle Chop Chop

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Name:John

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

They probably made the silver ones first and then did a small run of the black ones, which would add cost. Other than that, I have no idea why.

#4 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

They probably made the silver ones first and then did a small run of the black ones, which would add cost. Other than that, I have no idea why.

Thats fairly close to what happened except for the small run , but yes we made the silver ones and not the black ones and they had to be repainted. we had ordered both black and silver but only got silver , after this batch we will make both from the start as we intended to do in the first place

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users