Heathcote drag racing boxing day

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Anyone going to Heathcote drag racing on boxing day? I'll be going up there with the fam for the 1st time. Looks like the weather is going to be great too about 25 and sunny. I was hoping to take my Torana too but the engine is not in the car yet and is looking like another month away.

Let me know if your going up there and the colour and make of your car and i'll look out for you?

Cheers Wayno

Edited by Gonedeaf, 24 December 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#2 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

What nobody going? Gonna be 26 deg sunny and dry and nobody's going, cmon you guys get your act together. :thebird:

#3 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

I will take some pics today and put them up later for you guys.

#4 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Woowww guys what an awesome day, here are some pics of the fantastic day we had, and some bloody quick times I might add.

Don't knot what type of car this was but looked awesome.

Posted Image

Nice purple LX Torrie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice LH/LX

Posted Image

Very nice LC, cant remember what times this ran.

Posted Image

Very nice looking LX hatchback running an RB28. This car was quick running a 9.90 its first run but got a little slower as the day got hotter. Bloody nice looking car though, even nicer imo with a 308 :)

Posted Image

This Mustang ran 9's easily and I think ran into the 8's, very quick car off the line.

Posted Image

Noice LJ dont remember what it ran but nice LJ and I think it was in the under 10's category.

Posted Image

This was a nice car and very quick, can't remember exactly what times it ran but it was very quick, looked awesome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another quick car obviously :)

Posted Image

This bloke was an absolute gentleman. Asked him for a photo and he said sure jump in the car lol. I squeezed in with my long legs and he took a few pics for me. My legend of the day. Heres a few pics of my boys with the car later on in the day as well, the guys a great guy , what can I say.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A genuine SS hatchback with an injected 355, was running 12's, the guy wasn't happy with the times lol.

Posted Image

Very quick car.

Posted Image

Another noicy.

Posted Image

Genuine Lambo which was very quick, in the 9's maybe 8's from memory.

Posted Image

And a couple of quick bikes to finish off with my boys. First time with my boys to the track, one absolutely love it and the other kept going back to mummy lol. I know who's gonna lubricate my bug catcher in the future lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A great day though, especially with the misses driving the 150km's home haha.

#5 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

i dont really like mustangs but that one is pretty cool

#6 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Now what I would love to see would be a formula 1 car put the hammer down the strip, 0-200 they absolutely fly, would be something to see.

#7 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Great lot of Pictures and Time put into this Thread Gonedeaf,
Thank-you and your Boy's for being there. Dave I

#8 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Good pics ! :D

A genuine SS hatchback with an injected 355, was running 12's, the guy wasn't happy with the times lol.

Maybe time to get a proper air intake setup with some cool air coming in, instead of drawing in heat of the engine bay, right front of the extractor..lol...

#9 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Good pics ! :D

Maybe time to get a proper air intake setup with some cool air coming in, instead of drawing in heat of the engine bay, right front of the extractor..lol...

He could have taken the left front headlight out lol, it seemed to be what everyone with a turbo was doing yesterday haha.

#10 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Or built a box that gets cool air from in front of the core support/behind the grill.

Even the yanks are doing it ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Here's some video's for you guys which I took yesterday as well. The first one is a cracker of a burnout.

Edited by Gonedeaf, 27 December 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#12 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Another vid for you guys.

#13 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Here's some video's for you guys which I took yesterday as well. The first one is a cracker of a burnout.

Bloody Limiters!!..........engine stutter time!

#14 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Great work Wayno thanks for putting the effort in to share the day looks like it was well worth it hopefully you can run next yeat.

#15 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Thanks guys. Yes my car should be finished in the next month or so.Will have a Muncie 4 speed instead of the Saginaw so touch wood nothing breaks lol. Auto would probably be slightly quicker but I love driving a manual so a bit of give and take I guess. Anyway it was a fantastic day even though we didn't get there til 2pm. I couldn't believe the prices of the food and beer, only $4 a can of heavy, makes it a very affordable day out for the family.

Edited by Gonedeaf, 28 December 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#16 _QIK350_

_QIK350_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hey mate, did you get any photos of my red HJ Premier, QIK350?

#17 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

No mate sorry, I did see it there. I remember the plate very nice car. Put up a pic for us to add to the collection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users