Stolen LJ 1973 V8 chev

LJ 1973 v8 chev engineered stolen

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 _procharged lj_

_procharged lj_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

My LJ was stolen from Hiles st Alexandria in Sydney on the 26th of may 2012. It was engineered with a small block chev had a front engine plate turbo 350 box banjo diff with the 13" torana wheels on the back (not the convo pro`s like the picture). Hq brakes on the front with 14" steel hq wheels it was mini tubbed and a sheet metal boot floor with fuel cell, the rear wheel arches had been stretched to fit big rubber under it. It had hole cut in the engine bay for fender well extractors and flutes in front guards. It was painted in a flat white primer and looked a bit rough (it was a sleeper), rust was showing in places. It had alot of distinguishing features Here are some pictures from when i was working on it.Attached File  IMG_1272.JPG   88.37K   25 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1267.JPG   113.37K   16 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1268.JPG   122.28K   17 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1269.JPG   89.32K   13 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1271.JPG   146.73K   13 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1270.JPG   142.34K   13 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1265.JPG   104.36K   13 downloads

#2 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Tag details?

Engine number?

Distinguishing Features?

Was it driven or trailered away?

I'm sorry to say I think it will be long gone by now. :sad:

#3 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

I'm sure i spotted this car on ebay not so long ago.

#4 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

bastards, maybe put an ad on ebay with all the details of the theft and pics and put a stupidly high price(so no idiot actually tries to bid on it) just to get the word out, and hopefully get some info. facebook is also pretty good for getting the word around.

#5 _procharged lj_

_procharged lj_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

To POTTA
Chassis: BLJ35151B
Engine : CB4157873
Distinguishing features, Chev using front engine plate engine mounts were cut of, holes in each side of engine bay for fender well extractors (it omly had the cast iron ram horns on when it was stolen). Mini tubbs (which i had extended an extra inch and a half after engineers because i cut some sub frame out and re-boxed it with 4mm plate see in the picture of inside the boot with the sikaflex rubbed over weld). Rear wheel arches stretched about a 100mm. Sheet metal boot floor and it had a fuel cell in it (and a holley blue underneath), it had coil over (strange brand) rear shocks and mc donald bro`s tubeular ajustable upper trailing arms, it was still running the banjo diff with the 13"x6" steel wheels 1painted silver 1 painted black, it had hq brakes on the front (slotted roters, alloy calipers) and the steel 14"x6" hq fornt wheels on it and they were painted silver. GTR steering wheel, GTR front seats B&M shifter which i had sunk into the floor about an inch to keep the original console. Rust in doors (fiberglassed up from inside bog on outside) rust in floor pans especially drivers side, front flutes had been welded in. That all i can think of at the moment...
Thanks Mark

To lcux105
Yes i did see one on ebay that only had a few pictures and did look the same from what i could see from the pic`s. His had a sheet metal tunnel put in and firewall had been moved back from what i could tell. A friend and myself asked for more pic`s but no reply. I`m sure he was up in Brisbane.
Thanks Mark

To Stinga:
Yes i did put an add on ebay when it was first stolen saying DO NOT BID! and of course people bid on it and i had to remove it.
Thanks Mark

#6 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Put your ebay ad back up and tell them if they bid there bidding on a wheel nut

#7 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

can i get some more details on the theft, was the car at home? rought time of day? notice anything sus in the few weeks prior?

wish you the best in finding her

#8 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Put your ebay ad back up and tell them if they bid there bidding on a wheel nut

or a hand drawn pic of the car....

#9 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

im sorry to hear this mate,

cheers gong

#10 _procharged lj_

_procharged lj_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

It was stolen from a bus and 4wd rental car park (that they shared with another bussiness) late on a saturday night or early hours of sunday morning. They removed 2 crook locks by-passed kill switches and got into the boot to reconnect the battery. One of the blokes that worked there said he saw the crook locks and key barrell and a torch on the ground when he opened up sunday morning and when he went inside for 10 minutes to make a call he came back out and they wre gone.
When i did put it on ebay as stolen a day or 2 later a bank statement of mine that i must of left in the car was mailed to me with no return address but it had a post it note stuck to the statement which said FOUND AT LONG BAY! Whitch is a prison in Sydney, not an actual suburb. It`s all very suss but trying to get the police to do anything was near impossible.

#11 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

So this "Business" that had it out at night in a carpark 4 all to see has nearly settled with their insurance company 2 reimburse you ??? Surelly after 8 months they're headed that way......

#12 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

very sus. especial having somthing posted to you. that just hit home a bit hard.

was it left in a car park over night or was inside out of sight?

#13 blown308

blown308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

http://www.gumtree.c...ect/1012940238#

looks similar

#14 _Blackxu1_

_Blackxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Dirty grubs I'll keep my eyes open out west mate cheers Nathan

#15 _procharged lj_

_procharged lj_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

I found my lj torana. It was for sale on ebay about 3 months ago, the theif had done a number job so it`s been with the police going through checks, the person who had it said he`d bought it off the back of a trailer out west for $4000. Then the case went to court on the 9/7/13 and was postponed to the 30/7/13 and i just found out that it will be given back to me. finally some good news. I never gave up looking.

#16 racean69

racean69

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Name:Rod
  • Car:LH sedan

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

fantastic news ..happy for ya mate.

#17 _05-BROCKY-05_

_05-BROCKY-05_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Awesome news, i saw your ad on ebay asking for info, depressing to see such things happen, but very glad you've been able to recover the car.

#18 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

GR8 News Indeed, It might pay to do some investigating of your own as "the seller" probably is friend of friend which is how your car was located & targeted... Very seldom from total stranger who happened to spot it 1 day in your driveway... 

#19 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Unreal news, congrats !

#20 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Awesome, hope you get back into it soon!

#21 _fatlh5000_

_fatlh5000_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

Bloody great news mate !!!!!!!!!!!

Hiles Street is not the biggest Street in Sydney- I know it well.

There is a great workshop across the road, who love Toranas- LSX AUTOMOTIVE

Awesome news,

#22 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Good to hear. I had a piece of crap of a Pulsar stolen a few years back. A year later I had a phone call saying they found the car in the outback on a country road. Engine completely rooted. I didn't care about it as I only got $900 from insurance for theft.

I bought a HSV Statesman after that and completed my Torana so I'm happier lol

#23 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

Good to hear you're getting it back.

Hopefully its in the same or similar condition as when you last saw it.

#24 _toranacanfly_

_toranacanfly_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hi mark, so glad you got your torana back , hope it's still in same condition ass you had it, mate best of luck now with build, Regard's Alex......

#25 _Yella-5000_

_Yella-5000_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Woohoo, so good to hear. 

Know how you feel when something gets stolen, some scum bag stole my mountain bike just recently.  No use guessing how, what or when, just gone!!!!

Not so good care the business took of your car.  A local business did that to my car, including leaving the keys in it in a remote location, i.e. not his workshop.  Had to pick up the kids car seat, just jumped in and drove it home.  All he had to say, was who would want to steel that?  The complacency!!!  I've never been back there since.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LJ 1973, v8, chev, engineered, stolen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users