RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Raining here all weekend, so cleaning up the shed....found a stash of old mags..
Any of the A9X gurus know if the Sheppard claim refered to in the attached
article, was legit?...or just part of the game...Attached File  RCN 1978 a9x swaybars protest.png   685.02K   15 downloadsAttached File  RCN 1978 a9x swaybars protest.png   685.02K   15 downloads

#2 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

When Harry Firth built the Harvey hatch, he manipulated the rules to suit himself. The rule book said holes for mounting. Most would take that as drilling holes for the mounting screws, however Harry cut holes in the splash guards of the car and mounted the bar through it. When John Sheppard took over it was one of the first things he questioned and was told by CAMS it was ok. What then happened was Moffat got done for roller rockers and then put in a protest on HDT and the front sway bar was deemed illegal. HDT got picked up for the fuel filler hole being too big at one meeting, who picked them up? Chief scruitineer Harry Firth. John Harvey questioned him and he said how do you think I know it's illegal. He did a few sly things on that car. As for the last A9X having the holes, no it didn't.

#3 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

thanks RED , thought you would know....certainly a tangled web that racing eh..

#4 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Yep, race cars are a curly one, helps when you know what you're looking for.

#5 _TorYoda_

_TorYoda_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

John Sheppard is a regular visitor to our workshop and he has some great memories and tales to tell of the good old days when he has time to sit and chat.  His memory of times, dates, names (of everyone and everything!!!) , people, cars and events is simply amazing!  I wish he would write a book because it would be an eye opening and amusing read. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users