Torana at Drag Week 2013

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 _408.Luke_

_408.Luke_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Anyone else been keeping an eye on these guys? Seem to have had some bad luck first couple days, but hopefully they can get it sorted tomorrow. Not sure how some of you feel about an import motor in a holden, but its great to see some Australian cars come to the states for Drag Week! 

http://blogs.hotrod....l#axzz2eYBdIJh3

https://www.facebook...387997747943059

John Faraone is back again this year with his Australian Charger, but would like to point out a Texas car is sitting in the #2 unlimited class spot :D

http://blogs.hotrod....l#axzz2eYDz5hfP

#2 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, hopefully they fix the valve problem & get some good numbers

#3 _Blackxu1_

_Blackxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

Been watching the live feed every night. it's a shame about the Tory tho. The yanks seem to love it

#4 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

I was told John blew a diff in the charger

#5 _408.Luke_

_408.Luke_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Yep, killed his average. Luckily he broke the beams so he did "make a pass" so he still gets to run if they can get it fixed. Thought it was funny when they had to clarify he needed a 40 spline 3rd member over the PA

#6 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thank's Luke,

Just heard about the Bent Valve last night, hope they get through. Dave I

p.s. hope Texas does good too

#7 _408.Luke_

_408.Luke_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Not a problem! and the live feed for today is up! 

#8 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Mate, this is good

#9 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

Last update iv seen is the torana is out. Run a 9 and blew a head gasket. Tried to limp to kentucky but no luck.

The charger fixed the diff, ran a few passes then blew it again. Re-engineering then heading to kentucky.

Loving seeing that camaro running 6 second passes every day!

#10 _ingles_

_ingles_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Just my opinion,and nothing against Texas-those pro mod cars will ruin drag week.I understand that the class is Unlimited, but I believe a street car started life on a production line somewhere, not in a chassis shop.Parking a car and puttin a blue tarp on it when it rains doesnt seem like something you would do with a street car.

#11 _Blackxu1_

_Blackxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Well said mate I feel the same

#12 _408.Luke_

_408.Luke_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Just my opinion,and nothing against Texas-those pro mod cars will ruin drag week.I understand that the class is Unlimited, but I believe a street car started life on a production line somewhere, not in a chassis shop.Parking a car and puttin a blue tarp on it when it rains doesnt seem like something you would do with a street car.

A lot of people feel the same way, and in some aspects I agree but then at the same time I don't. Look at Larry Larson's car, 4-5 years ago people were saying the same thing about his car being to heavily modified, and shouldn't be allowed to run. That's why the 1000+ miles is such a great equalizer, if you can build something that radical and have it reliable enough to finish drag week, my hats off to ya. Then also what about kit cars? If true productions cars are only thing allowed, that's punishing people with AC cobra replicas and such. In the end I do think its a good thing, since it will push the sport forward, Also Ahokas only waited out the rain because it was a short storm, he had rain tires on the trailer to swap on if the storm was going to last.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users