stevemc32

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car:LJ 4 Door

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

That sucks.  Hope you can find a way to get it up to spec without too much rebuilding.

Edited by stevemc32, 12 October 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#28 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Name:Maz
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

thanks gong,engineer stuffed up tubs steve+gaps everywhere,even put the chassis clip in incorrect,startin all over again bud :furious:  :banghead: 

#29 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

when its in the blood we seem to sort things out no matter how much or far we need to go,,, i left tassie 20 odd years ago and i dont think there is any torris left down there,,,, good luck man, if you need any metal parts give me a hoy.

cheers gong

#30 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

i will do whatever it takes to fix it gong ,i will bounce back, toranas are alive and well down here , especially ljs ,they are in hiding lol, might need a back seat shelf,  im gonna have a big gap in the floor when the 4link chassis clip gets put in correct place.there will be a 3 inch gap, probably about a foot of the original chassis rails will have to be fixed aswell,i will see what the new engineer says later about what i have to do to bring the car back to an acceptable standard.everything is  fixable i suppose.i will have to come up with 10gs before i can do anything .cheers mate

#31 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

thanks stinga,not afterattachicon.gifhr 67.jpg a sump stonetray bud ,got one in shed thats been sittin in there since early 90s+ a nos 5th of 67 current voltage regulator 30 amp,whats been sitting in a holden dealership shelf all its life,

Attached File  hr parts 002.jpg   388.36K   13 downloads

#32 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Attached File  hr parts 001.jpg   391.69K   14 downloads

#33 stevemc32

stevemc32

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car:LJ 4 Door

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

Never seen a tray like that before, what's it out of?

#34 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

its out of me torana,nah i put it up for stinga ,a 67 hr stonetray

#35 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

cheers Jason, that will do the job nicely

#36 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

hi guys ,its about time i cranked this thread up,well ive had enough time to think long and hard about how i can avoid ripping the whole 4 link clip out to put it in the correct position,still getting the tin work and tubs redone to fill up the gaps done from a very incompete engineer,that said i have moved on from this disasterous episode in the build,before i start i would like you to comment on what i plan to do,before i take it in to get started,

first pic involves unpicking and a couple cuts and move this panel forward an inch or so,you will see the panel has x marked on itAttached File  ljzedded 118.jpg   584.83K   12 downloads

#37 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

hi guys ,its about time i cranked this thread up,well ive had enough time to think long and hard about how i can avoid ripping the whole 4 link clip out to put it in the correct position,still getting the tin work and tubs redone to fill up the gaps done from a very incompete engineer,that said i have moved on from this disasterous episode in the build,before i start i would like you to comment on what i plan to do,before i take it in to get started,

first pic involves unpicking and a couple cuts and move this panel forward an inch or so,you will see the panel has x marked on itAttached File  ljzedded 118.jpg   584.83K   12 downloads

#38 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

here i will cut out section of door above the tape line and cut a fraction more than the width of the tape which is an inch and move this forward,the cut line above in first pic is where the sill is pushed up hard from a jack,so will be replacing the outer sill just in that sectionAttached File  ljzedded 119.jpg   583.84K   7 downloads

#39 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

gee ive posted one twice ,crap,Attached File  ljzedded 121.jpg   595.95K   8 downloadstried to put two pics up and stuffed up lol,well here the third pic ,will do the same as outside to inner door etc

#40 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

what do you reckon guys,by doing this iradicates moving the frame inside (clip) backwards and leaving huge gap in floor and chassis rails,and i will be able to fit a 28 diameter tire in the process as a bonus,......shall i do it....your thoughts

cheers Maz

#41 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

just need to get a few things together now for the trip,this is the back panel and bumper supports i got of a great bloke Kieran (toranatime) who did a fantastic job of getting them out .Thanks Kieran, well that covers the big hole left by @#$%*! engineer who just glued a panel over the gap.no good for structural integrety.Attached File  ljzedded 127.jpg   593.05K   11 downloads

#42 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Heres the new bellhousing for the glide from dellow automotive,Attached File  ljzedded 124.jpg   578.5K   12 downloads

Edited by madtoranajzedded, 24 January 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#43 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

got this cheap industrial epoxy to cover every thing once the tinwork is finished,need to get a new outer sill from waddingtons as the last one i bought never had the lip on the bottom of sill which would of been quite noticable from underneath.....getting thereAttached File  ljzedded 126.jpg   595.29K   12 downloads

#44 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

what do you reckon guys,by doing this iradicates moving the frame inside (clip) backwards and leaving huge gap in floor and chassis rails,and i will be able to fit a 28 diameter tire in the process as a bonus,......shall i do it....your thoughts

cheers Maz

From an aesthetic point of view, as long as the wheel is centred in the wheel well after the mod it's a great idea Maz. I've seen some little torana's with the rear wheel hard up front (or back I can't remember) of the wheel well and it  looks a little odd. I'm all for symmetry  B)

#45 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Pretty sure you can get adjustable trailing arms to help get the wheel in the right position.

Check out OrangeLJ's build thread - I tried to find it but couldn't.

Maybe PM him if you're interested?

#46 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

Hi jase, ive seen a few torries with tires near hitting the rear of arch and they do look a bit odd ,not completely centred,dont know why its the case

maybe its when you go fom skinny's to a wider wheel which brings the tire out towards the guard further,

the reason im moving it forward was because mcdonalds had a fixed length on 4link rods of 66cm from the front of clip to the centreline of housing ,

its 68 1/2 atm so i wont be able to get it to hook up exactly what it was intended for,its actually pushed the the 4 link rods instant centre towards the line of force,the shorter the rods the more neck snapping pushing the tires hard down on the black stuff,

thanks potta but i have already have multi adjustable arms that have 80 positions i can select from for adjustment,thanks for your thoughts though

cheers Maz

Edited by madtoranajzedded, 25 January 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#47 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

So....can't you adjust them so they sit in the middle?

Once you make enough room obviously

#48 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

she's in the middle Potta but when idiot ,i wont even call him an engineer,he put the chassis frame in incorrect position when installed,the arms were an inch short what i paid 800 bucks for so i had to get them lengthened to fit,that cost another 500 to fix when it wasnt even my fault,the engineer gave  the measurements to ray at mcdonald bros and when the clip (chassis frame)arrived it was too long to fit,so instead of ringing mcdonalds he moved the clip forward so it fits and cut into the rear of the back panel where it was only suppose to go hard up against,and also the front,he was suppose to cut in front of that panel what the bottom back seat clips into uno the one that runs across the floor,i didnt really know much about how a 4 link works at the time and trusted idiot that he knew what he was doing,ive found all this out once i got the car home and started checking the measurements,and its not just that what he has stuffed,i sent 200 pics of the car to john wilson in act and wrote a report that work performed on this vehicle will never be registered.this is a few things he had to say

( a ) non attachment of the wheel tubs to the body of vehicle

(b  corrosion of the sills

© floor panel tacked welded in

(d) poor welding practise,sheet metal poorly attached to parent steel,tack welded into position

(e) gaps in panel

(f) huge gap in floor section

(G) short patchwork panels to fill the gaps

(h) gaps filled with off cuts

it is clear to me that the body builder has failed to follow best industry practice in preparing the holden torana to accept the prefabricated rear clip from mc donald bros and the the subsequent fitting/ welding in of the rear clip into the vehicle

blah blah blah blah

it would appear that there was no consideration as to the strength required of the body and it is evident from the fact  panel have been tacked welded when a continuous weld would be required,

in summary the work performed by%$#@%$#$@  is absolute rubbish,

even the top bar to shocks is in wrong possition as they are leaning backwards,all my windows are pitted from him using grider aswell and dents to the outside guards where when he cut inner wheel well out he bashed at the lip and created dents along guard,even cut through the bumper supports when he could of just picked them off,

i have seen a lawyer about this and we filed a claim against him and his replied that he hasnt done anything wrong,like $#@% he hasnt,PFFFT i cant even go near him to $#@$ him up as he will use this against me,so i have thought of getting it fixed and get another report,but i am finding it rather difficult as all the rta's here either no jack shit or wont write a report on dodgy workmanship,and the person who they have mentioned to do it is friends with engineer ,all this is not my fault and i am being punished for that,so what can i do in this situation,should i let it go or should i get another report ,near 15000 i lost so im hoping that i can get away with ripping it all out and just get the tinwork redone etc and a few other things to tidy it up then i wont worry about going to court but if its up the shit i want to take him on for at least 10,what do yous reckon guys

cheers Maz

Edited by madtoranajzedded, 25 January 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#49 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

oh and if anyone from down south who is putting in a 4 link clip in , pm me and i will tell you where not to go

cheers

#50 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

well decide to get off my backside today and do something,car is not going to fix itself by gawking at it,so i spent a couple hour removing some

panelwork.hopefully have it out tomorrow and do some tidying up,heres a pic of the progress so far,Attached File  ljzedded 171.jpg   565.12K   13 downloads

Edited by madtoranajzedded, 26 February 2014 - 06:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users