UPC brake upgrade 330mm helppppppp!&&

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 _Toranahatch78_

_Toranahatch78_
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Alright first of all I have searched the forum and found that a few people have had the same problem but it's seems it hasn't been posted how it was resolved ,basically Ii have fitted the UPC brake upgrade the 330mm version I only have 30% of my steering before it hits the upper wishbone ? Any tips on how to fix this or what people have done in the past ? I have heard the hq drops the car an inch could I fit those with my original setup for more clearance ? Please help!!

#2 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,461 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

What they usually do is use the 290mm kit that stands a chance of fitting

#3 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

Take one very big hammer and whack the cr#p out of your fingers, because at least that will be less painful and make far more sense than anything Tony Edwards (Mr Spares,UPC) tells you. Seriously use them as door weights and then pay for a kit that is proven to fit. It's amazing that in all the years nothing has changed and yet he is still selling kits that clearly don't fit and people are still giving him money for paper weights. Crazy how many people in Business that clearly shouldn't be in business.

#4 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

Any tips on how to fix this or what people have done in the past ?

Toss it all in the bin and start over...

I had a kit I got for nothing and still felt ripped off. I tossed it all aside, used only the hubs and started over from scratch..

#5 BIG KEV

BIG KEV

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Car:LHSLR5000 and The 6LT Project

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

If you read all the info about these UPC kits on here you would have never out laid your money for them .......find out what other members are using and stick to something that's proven and works .....like the HQ set up rotors , calipers and stubs or even the Hoppers kit.....YES this is not cheap but it works....

and no I don't work for them ......I just do my homework and read and take note what others have done ....

Good luck and I hope you work it out .....

#6 v6 torana

v6 torana

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Name:Peter

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Alright first of all I have searched the forum and found that a few people have had the same problem but it's seems it hasn't been posted how it was resolved ,basically Ii have fitted the UPC brake upgrade the 330mm version I only have 30% of my steering before it hits the upper wishbone ? Any tips on how to fix this or what people have done in the past ? I have heard the hq drops the car an inch could I fit those with my original setup for more clearance ? Please help!!

From UPC website, demand a full refund:

"Components are innovatively designed and machined in house from quality billet steel and aluminium to meet the exacting standards demanded from years of research and development and of course, race experience. All components are made here in Australia, fitted and tested in the R&D solutions workshop to guarantee the product is easy to fit while still meeting and exceeding the demands called upon it to make it race durable. At UPC, we take pride in designing, producing and delivering quality components that don’t just look great and perform exceptionally well but also provide excellent value for money".

#7 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

I had a kit I got for nothing and still felt ripped off.

*Chuckles, knows the feeling*

#8 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I guess people buy products without googling them first?  Even a quick google of torana UPC 330mm brakes brings up thread after thread about how shit they are.  The smaller kit (290mm?) seems to work and I've seen a few setups first hand which look pretty good, clear everything and stop fine.

Shame you are so far away. Their shop isn't far from here and people are much less likely to tell you to nick off when you're standing in front of them with shithouse kit that doesn't fit.

#9 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

I delt with him in person...told him I was bringing the kit back home with me...this was years ago though when he first started out doing them I think. He said how they would just bolt right on.  When I did eventually get to fit them and saw they would hit everywhere... I rang my mate back (who had known Tony) and he was just told basically they need a little trim on the car to get them to fit.

As said, they didn't cost anything (swapped him for some stuff we were getting rid of anyways) but still pissed me off to be told they fit right on to find there was no chance at all. (without chopping huge chunks out of the K frame and control arms basically)

The hubs themselves seemed ok at least, and I ended up using them when I made my own setup with the Mercedes stuff.

#10 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

From UPC website, demand a full refund:

"Components are innovatively designed and machined in house from quality billet steel and aluminium to meet the exacting standards demanded from years of research and development and of course, race experience. All components are made here in Australia, fitted and tested in the R&D solutions workshop to guarantee the product is easy to fit while still meeting and exceeding the demands called upon it to make it race durable. At UPC, we take pride in designing, producing and delivering quality components that don’t just look great and perform exceptionally well but also provide excellent value for money".

LOL  Talking Truth in Advertising - Oh and if I would have allowed People magazine my photo rights I would have been Voted "Sexist Man Alive" at least for the last few decades.

#11 LH mike

LH mike

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Name:mike
  • Car:LH

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

that company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

#12 _Toranahatch78_

_Toranahatch78_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hey fellas cheers for all your input I'll start from scratch ,yeah we'll when it's says it bolts straight up its not really something you think about googling ,it's amazing this blokes still in business ,

#13 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,461 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

He's cheap

And as long as things are cheap people buy them

Thats why this country is rooted

#14 derrin71

derrin71

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Name:Derrin
  • Car:LX Hatchback, Holden Colorado. Mini Clubman S

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

I can't comment on the fitment of the 330mm kit but it sounds like the ACCC should make them take it off the market!

I will give them some praise though. My 290mm kit came with no engineering paperwork. I had the kit for about 18 months before it came time for certification and rego.

I rang them up fully expecting to get the run-around etc. I asked for a copy of their engineering paperwork. The very helpful lady I spoke to e-mailed it to me within 10 minutes!

After reading all of the comments about them I didn't expect that. Can't all be bad.

#15 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,461 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'd like to see that paperwork

#16 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Ive just read this thread, seems to be quite a few threads on here regarding this Clown's Brake Kits!,nothing but headaches and hassles for all concerned!.

Im now glad I did a bit of research on this guy's gear before I wasted my money too, the reason I was looking at the UPC Kits was like most ( a  lot cheaper option that Hoppers Kits) but in the end I forked out the cash and opted the Hopper Stopper 290mm kit, the only issue I had with mine was the Spacers they sent me were wrong but they posted me out the correct ones right away = all good!

#17 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Look who is selling a boat...   :fool:

http://www.ebay.com....dcae58dd&_uhb=1

#18 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

Saw it at SEMA and did nothing for me at all...

#19 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

I am in the market for a speedboat with no brakes too lol.

#20 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

Ooops. my reply was for another post, won't let me edit it for some reason ??

#21 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

But still flowed perfectly with the thread. 

Cheers. 

#22 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

lol....good point.

So I wonder how much of the trailer chassis you have to carve out to run his brakes on it? :D

PS. I have a boat there (and a jetski) for sale now too, but the trailer brakes are only factory ones...how many people will be bothered by that?

LOL

#23 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

Yeah i love the way the trailer is custom made with his million mm diameter brakes, but for some reason it cant be registered and you have to call him for detes....

I wonder if its just faulty like the rest of his shit...

Nice boat though.

Cheers. 

#24 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,582 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

UPC brakes on a Trailer is easy as the wheels don't steer hey

#25 _LX355SS_

_LX355SS_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hi guys I new on here wish I had joined earlier as I have a set of these brakes still in the box as well I still have Torana stud pattern does any one know ow a good brake upgrade but I would still like to keep Torana stud pattern thanks😃

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users