New years cruise? Inner west melb?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

G'day,

Been thinking about organising a bit of a cruise for the people on this side of town. At this stage its just an idea but I suppose we can get everyone from around Melbourne involved. Now I didn't want to do a big marathon drive so I was thinking something CBD or coast, perhaps on a Sunday?

Now I'm open to ideas, perhaps a beach run from altona to willy? Maybe then to the garage cafe in the CBD? All off street parking inside the restaurant. Or maybe a run up to Geelong waterfront. Was hoping to keep it shortish, haven't really tested the car out too much, don't want to let the group down lol. Or even a run to mistys diner?

Well everyone get involved and let's work something out :)

Cheers
Jake

#2 _LS2 Hatch_

_LS2 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

Sounds great.
The only way to organise any sort of gathering/run is for you to pick a date, and a venue, and stick to it. There will be some that can make it, some that can't. You can't please everyone.
I have only minimal km's on my engine at the moment and am happy for a short one. We can use that one to plan a larger one :)

Let me know what day, where to meet and away we go!

Well done on getting it started!

#3 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

I'll be in...date dependent.

#4 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

Well the idea is to gather some input on preferred location, lock that in. Then maybe lock in a date?

Perhaps I'll throw a few dates around and lock that in first, but then again how is everyone's work schedule? We prefer a weekday or weekend?

Cheers

#5 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

I'm waiting on plates to arrive from Vicroads so can't go anywhere until they arrive   :banghead:

Lady on the phone said it could be anytime from today until 2 weeks away and I can't go and pick them up  :thebird:

#6 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Count me in guys for any date until the 6th. Just to Geelong is a very short run, may I suggest Ballarat too or even both. Could do the run down to Lorne as well as that is ideal for running in your car.

Next weekend seems like a good time giving people time to get their shit in order, I have to change my plugs as they're starting to foul up again, stupid car.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

#7 _LS2 Hatch_

_LS2 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

Week day or weekend suits me up till the 11th. Then I'm busy up till Australia Day weekend. How's about Saturday the 4th?
Your call Jake. You have to free. I know your hoping for short, as in Altona, so maybe Altona to Willy through to St.kilda. Nice easy cruise.
My thoughts, what are yours?

#8 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

For anything you guys wanna do this week I am ready to go. Changed those prick of a plugs today. Might be minus some door trims as they will go in to be recovered this week.

#9 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

If my plates roll up Monday or Tuesday then I'm in for an impromptu cruise Wednesday afternoon. I'll call you and Grant if things work out that way Wayne.

#10 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Sounds good mate.

#11 _Matvex_

_Matvex_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'll putt along in the EH too. Any date up to the 6th is good for me or weekends. Any venue/destination is good for me as well.

Your call Jacob.

#12 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Sorry i was away for a few days. Im thinking saturday or sunday this weekend as everyone is obviously pretty caught up. Now im thinking a bay cruise which would be probably st kilda down to willy and altona perhaps? I can work out a nice route. Or maybe geelong, but like i said i dont know much about geelong so would need some input. OR both? Let me know which seems more appealing.

I suppose we can meet up around 10am at a servo that suits everyone. Perhaps the shell on the westgate freeway, or the big shell at the end of geelong road right before the princess freeway. That is pretty central to sunshine, werribee i would think?  Anyhow please let me know what you think, and let a few people know if you can would be nice with a few cars. 

#13 WA1TNC

WA1TNC

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Name:Nig
  • Car:HX ute(daily) LH Torana(Harrop Blown LS1) in the build

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yeah ill try make this one. Bonnet catch is all fixed up on the ute.

Cheers, Nig.

#14 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

I think I can only do Sunday i'll have to check with the other half. Weather is going to be nice and sunny both days 22. I vote we cruise to Geelong and on the way back cruise through Bacchus Marsh and come back on the western highway. I am not a big fan of being stuck in traffic.

#15 _coupe202_

_coupe202_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Just name a meeting place, time and I'll try to make it.

#16 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

I think I can only do Sunday i'll have to check with the other half. Weather is going to be nice and sunny both days 22. I vote we cruise to Geelong and on the way back cruise through Bacchus Marsh and come back on the western highway. I am not a big fan of being stuck in traffic.

Correction I am available both Saturday and Sunday.

#17 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Well I prefer Sunday, and I'm easy for the route, let's get a few opinions and decide.

#18 _LS2 Hatch_

_LS2 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi guys, I have a few small issues and will need to sit this one out.

Enjoy your day, and don't forget the photos!!!

#19 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

I'm all lined up and good for Saturday so long as my damn plates arrive from Vicroads. lol

Fingers crossed!!

#20 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

No worries Grant we'll catch up with you at a later date.

Things dont look good for you either Daz knowing vic roads.

Would wanna see something locked in soon otherwise I will start to tackle this heater core.

#21 _coupe202_

_coupe202_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Looks like the weather is going to be against us on the weekend.

#22 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Nonsense. Think positive. Rain, hail or shine, if my plates roll up I'm in.

#23 _Matvex_

_Matvex_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

I'll keep Sunday free. I'll watch this space.

#24 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

Seems to be a bit of slow vibe so maybe postpone this one? What's the weather going to be like?

#25 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Either way cancelled or not I will most likely go for a cruise down to Geelong on the weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users