VS V8 is in the UC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _A9X UC_

_A9X UC_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Hi all

Just an update, Got the motor in just before chrissy.

Been out of the country on Holidays so I didn't get a chance to post anything.

I'm registering with Photo bucket so if anyone wants to see some happy snaps of my project they will be there soonish.

I was hoping to mount the T5 in as well but run into some dramas with the flywheel.

The flywheel was designed for a Getrag clutch and box so the Holden V8 pressure plate CRS supplied wouldn't match up the the bolt holes, between 3-5mm difference...

Choices......Called the boys at CRS found out the problem,easy solution, buy the correct flywheel so off i go searching for a stock Holden V8 flywheel...one simple word...YERNU!!!!

Paid the bucks and brought a new Extreme lightened flywheel from the boys at CBA in Malaga.

Did a test fit with the Ford T5 just sitting it on the spigot bush, lifting the rear of the box up, it looks like about 5-10mm needs to be cut out of the rear of the shifter hole....Bargin!!!!

Attached Files

• Attached File  01.jpg   162.49K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  02.jpg   171.06K   2 downloads

#2 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

Looks good in there Mike..well done on the progress  B)

#3 _A9X UC_

_A9X UC_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

I have caught up with the chap who has modified (removed) the VATS from my PCM, He has offered to do the wiring and fuel systems for me, No worries :D :D

Hoping to mount the box in and setup the clutch next time I'm home with heeps of happy snaps for anyone attempting the same conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users