Oversteer

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Car:LH SLR5000

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hello all

I have gotten time to play with a few bits that have arrived in the last couple of weeks....all be it very much later than they were supposed to, my 525HpLS3 crate engine and CRS front end are here....

xvJNuUn.jpg

2o2F24O.jpg

hm1D036.jpg

R4ZYa5u.jpg

The front end looks like a reasonable piece of kit, i like the adjustability and billet stubs etc, i have stripped it down and attempted to sort out the engine mount/sump clearance....this seems to be a big issue because the CRS have possibly moved the rack or somthing so its up tighter on the sump... I`m not sure, does anyone have a pic of a std lh front end with the rack on to compare ?

Here are some snaps of the crossmember sitting almost in postion....and the then the rack sitting there also and you can see it a long way off clearance....

MK0cutg.jpg

5Xmok8g.jpg

mt9K6Ca.jpg

fNZPTj1.jpg

I was hoping to trim the Hotrod LS sump i bought to make the crossmember fit but it seems there is less than usual room because of the rack or somthing else going on...

I haven't got my LH here at the moment to compare so I was hoping you guys might shed some light on whats happening from my shitty pics !?

The front end came with a big sticker on it saying somthing like "You may need to purchase one of our sumps to make you engine fit this crossmember...." .... not cheap the CRS LS sump, might have to get one however because if you had to trim the cast alloy down enought to clear rack etc there would be not strength left in it!!(apparently the sump on a LS is part of the block strength !!

The CRS front end came assembled....but was just put toghther finger tight on the bolts etc, one bit i was wondering about was the bone/piviot thingy that holds the top control arm to the member ; silver thing in pic ;

LR6Elk7.jpg

...where the bolts go through that hold it to the member one side is knurled....woult this side face the cross member or bolt/nut ? 

...the bolt holes in the crossmember where this bolts to are slotted ;

5LWxyD5.jpg

when i go to set the front end up which way does what in terms of suspension geo ? desired position ?

Cheers any help a sugestions ;)

Justin

#2 _NewsuxLX_

_NewsuxLX_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Hi mate i cant realy help you with your questions but reading this reminds me of another thread on here. I cant remember whos it was but it was a white lx hatch and he had a heeeeap of trouble with CRS and their front end and trying to make it all fit. Maybe try and find the thread or somebody may be able to point you in the right direction. Ive never heard about the sump being structural on an ls but thats not to say it isnt true. I also tried that reverse hump alloy sump on mine but it wasnt quiet right so i had a custom sump made and it fits a treat. The fella was also telling me with the new sump and windage tray modification you can pick up another 9 kw, which when your only talking about oil flow seems like alot to me. Anyway good luck with it buddy. Hope you get it happening soon
Cheers jake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users