whats the maxium ltrs can get engineered into a lc in nsw

#2 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,832 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

http://www.infrastru...1jan2011_v3.pdf

#3 _STRAIGHTLINEMICK_

_STRAIGHTLINEMICK_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

I 've just looked into this for my sons car ,you can fit a 308 if you play their game . You need vented front brakes, a brake fail warning light , front window demist and the polution gear to match the engine you are fitting , so if you fit a hq,hj or lh engine block then no pollution gear is required .

#4 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Hey Mick, "What's this Game Playing" You speak of ?? As far as I can ascertain with a maximum of 1100kg it's 4.0 N/A & 2.75 Forced, Which when I went to school worked out around 253ci, Now for as stupid as this sounds they're saying one can't even engineer a 202 with hairdryer, when the vehicle was produced with said engine... And yet there's still guys on this & other forums saying "Just got my 350--355ci powered lc/j torrie engineered", And next week I'm fitting an in your face 671 poking through the bonnet... Hell there's still guys in the building process, Some are still dreaming of the day when they get all these pieces together in ready for build... Same ole story = It's who you talk to and about time these remaining engineers all got on the same page... Finally they actually agreed on the braking tests, So we now have to fork out a bunch more coin, And hopefully every single engineer is required to adhere to those regulations, Or it's just a case of some cars on the road shouldn't be there, No matter who signed off on it, Some of these engineers are just as dodgy as the cowboys they replaced......

Edited by WhaleOilBeefHooked, 17 March 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#5 _ljshawn_

_ljshawn_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

On a side note to this I'm being told if I replace my old 308 with a 304 it can't be done and needs re-engineering ans won't pass under ncop. Doesn't make sense to me

#6 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

So well said and very true at that. 4.4L is the max in an LJ/LC here in ACT. Don't know why any other state sees it any different!

Hey Mick, "What's this Game Playing" You speak of ?? As far as I can ascertain with a maximum of 1100kg it's 4.0 N/A & 2.75 Forced, Which when I went to school worked out around 253ci, Now for as stupid as this sounds they're saying one can't even engineer a 202 with hairdryer, when the vehicle was produced with said engine... And yet there's still guys on this & other forums saying "Just got my 350--355ci powered lc/j torrie engineered", And next week I'm fitting an in your face 671 poking through the bonnet... Hell there's still guys in the building process, Some are still dreaming of the day when they get all these pieces together in ready for build... Same ole story = It's who you talk to and about time these remaining engineers all got on the same page... Finally they actually agreed on the braking tests, So we now have to fork out a bunch more coin, And hopefully every single engineer is required to adhere to those regulations, Or it's just a case of some cars on the road shouldn't be there, No matter who signed off on it, Some of these engineers are just as dodgy as the cowboys they replaced......

#7 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

These are guidelines not laws. Be thankful the engineering fraternity can see individual merit based on vehicle specifics.
BTW the SR guidelines in vic specify a max allowable engine size but no corresponding weight.

#8 _STRAIGHTLINEMICK_

_STRAIGHTLINEMICK_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

The game is listen to the engineer and do as they say . I spoke to G Force engineering at Narellan ,The rules changed in 2013 ,now you can fit a 308 into an LC easily .

#9 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

So please do tell Mick, what & where ?? What rule changes & more importantly where can these be found in the NCOP as last amendment I can find is Jan 1 2011, It was 2012 when I contacted several engineers and was told the brake testing was all up in air & nobody knew what was going on... Other day Datto posts new, revised braking test for N.S.W. which is all I am able to find "that's been changed" and go-figure they would now allow stuff they didn't last month, Why would they do this exactly / what benefit to road & vehicle safety would warrant the use of larger sized & more powerful engine ??? Don't get me wrong I'm all for it, But would like to know where I stand "at least on the internet" prior to going ahead as it may well make all the difference to this guy......

#10 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

As above. Go and talk NICELY to your engineer. Go in as a hard ass Noah and you will get the appropriate response...

#11 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

The game is listen to the engineer and do as they say . I spoke to G Force engineering at Narellan ,The rules changed in 2013 ,now you can fit a 308 into an LC easily .

I listened real well and a LC don't weigh enough? My engineer told me I can't so who's right?

Another thing is if you mod the car after it's been engineered they can cancel the rego and charge you with Hoon laws.

#12 XU-1 RAT

XU-1 RAT

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

thanks mick ill give them a call,love the ute , we have a 53 air ride.

#13 XU-1 RAT

XU-1 RAT

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

well i just spoke to mick at g force engineering and he told me that i can run a 308 motor in the lc

he only wants me to up grade my brakes to hq or better and wants the seat belts to be no more than  10 years old

thanks for that mick,greg was good to talk to.

#14 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

I spoke to my engineer today and said a 308 is no problem, even a SB 327 would be alright. I think the LC tare weight has changed since we last spoke. It was 1050kg now it's 1100+. Off the top of his head he said 5.4L.

#15 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

5.3 ls engine be a good conversion.

#16 _STRAIGHTLINEMICK_

_STRAIGHTLINEMICK_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

I've never done this conversion but it looks like the only mods to fit the engine is the steering ,the rest looks like a bolt up using standard parts if we use an aussie 4spd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users