#26 blake

blake

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Name:Blake

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

was pretty disappointed to see how many SA cars where actually entered, probly 3-4 max? quite poor advertisement really for SA people to see, I could think of lots of gtrs and xu1s from adelaide that weren't there. the silver lc xu1 in the car park is my old mans, we could only make it up there that day, we popped a permit on it for the day and I drove it up :)

#27 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

I'm seeing all these 8 & 9 inch wide sprinty's and DROOLING!

#28 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

was pretty disappointed to see how many SA cars where actually entered, probly 3-4 max? quite poor advertisement really for SA people to see, I could think of lots of gtrs and xu1s from adelaide that weren't there. the silver lc xu1 in the car park is my old mans, we could only make it up there that day, we popped a permit on it for the day and I drove it up :)

yes blake as i have said in another thread mate very very dissapointing s.a turnout for an event in our own backyard thats for sure....Holden Torana Club here in s.a have around 150 members with some beautiful gtr and xu1's....i got some shots of your dads car in the carpark very nice car mate...who owned the silver gtr that was parked next to your dads car??

#29 XU-1 RAT

XU-1 RAT

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

is it true that the judges cars actually won?

#30 goxu1

goxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:4/73 Cyan Metallic GTR XU-1

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

What are these wheels ?

20140419_131028_zpse79ec3c9.jpg

20140419_131118_zps2ff9cdc6.jpg

20140419_131106_zps4681f392.jpg

20140419_131046_zps895d5729.jpg

20140419_131018_zpsdb903d1f.jpg

20140419_131000_zpscf5e89f1.jpg

20140419_130303_zps30c88f3b.jpg

#31 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

dont know mate dont know who was judging except for one judge...

What are these wheels ?

alloy ones are sprintmasters and the steel one is a nibless rim....

Edited by bullitA9X, 22 April 2014 - 10:48 PM.

#32 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

I heard Dane,s sunburst XU1 won the top trophy which is not surprising

#33 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Don't see many nibless rims any more hey. Dave I

Good onya Dane

#34 goxu1

goxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:4/73 Cyan Metallic GTR XU-1

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

Yes sprintmasters , but just wondering if these are the 13x7s. There seems to be plenty of wide ones in the pics.

#35 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:Nuffin. Goin touring.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

When & where is the next nationals?
Might have a car by then...

#36 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

I heard Dane,s sunburst XU1 won the top trophy which is not surprising

if it did im not suprised absolute credit to him and his build beautiful car.....

Don't see many nibless rims any more hey. Dave I

Good onya Dane

yep you sure dont torypower...

Yes sprintmasters , but just wondering if these are the 13x7s. There seems to be plenty of wide ones in the pics.

dont think they are but there were a few with 13x7 inch on they look awesome with them on hey....

#37 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

The SMP and the silver lj GTR had the 7 inch sprintmasters on the back

#38 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

The SMP and the silver lj GTR had the 7 inch sprintmasters on the back

i think there was also an orange one with them on aswell gene....

#39 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

More than likely Daz i just know Micks silver gtr and Suzannes smp has defiantly got them

#40 XU-1 RAT

XU-1 RAT

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:59 AM

i've heard that there was only about 50 cars there is this right for a gtr xu1 nationals if correct very disappointing.

yes blake as i have said in another thread mate very very dissapointing s.a turnout for an event in our own backyard thats for sure....Holden Torana Club here in s.a have around 150 members with some beautiful gtr and xu1's....i got some shots of your dads car in the carpark very nice car mate...who owned the silver gtr that was parked next to your dads car??

#41 blake

blake

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Name:Blake

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

yeah sounds about right, funny how one of the judges is from adel and didn't even have his car there, yet walked around pickin to sh*t out of everyone elses, that's just my 2c anyway.... all in all was good to see em all here and some of them were right up there with some of the best ive seen

#42 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Just wondering if this is a forum members car?

I'm curious as to what the interior code is because my car is supposed to have orange houndstooth and was wondering if it is the same code.

20140419_130233_zpsf99498f3.jpg

#43 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

From what I hear this seems to be the case and for good reason to. If you read his build thread you'll understand why.

Congratulations to Dane and any other forum members who achieved a placing.

JD

#44 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

From what I hear this seems to be the case and for good reason to. If you read his build thread you'll understand why.
Congratulations to Dane and any other forum members who achieved a placing.
JD

So which one is his thread?

#45 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

yeah sounds about right, funny how one of the judges is from adel and didn't even have his car there, yet walked around pickin to sh*t out of everyone elses, that's just my 2c anyway.... all in all was good to see em all here and some of them were right up there with some of the best ive seen

That's a bit rough Blake. He is a member here, and a terrific bloke, who is always willing to help. He was asked to judge because of his valuable, detailed knowledge of the cars. If people wish to enter their car in a concours based on judging its originality, then having a judge 'pick' details is part of the deal. It isn't personal, it's simply a process.

(And fwiw, my car wasn't there because it is currently at the panel shop). 

#46 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

That's a bit rough Blake. He is a member here, and a terrific bloke, who is always willing to help. He was asked to judge because of his valuable, detailed knowledge of the cars. If people wish to enter their car in a concours based on judging its originality, then having a judge 'pick' details is part of the deal. It isn't personal, it's simply a process.
(And fwiw, my car wasn't there because it is currently at the panel shop). 

Hey guys I really don't know anyone here on the forum except for a couple of Victorians I met on the Great Ocean Road Run. However I think it is important that we keep a level of respect for fellow forum members. The last thing we want is people to be offended and leave the forum along with their knowledge. Let's just remember we are talking about cars.

#47 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

I agree Macka

#48 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Well said Macka and OZ , there are many reasons people can and cant have cars to events and at the end of the day that has little bearing on peoples knowledge and expertise as a judge ...... originally i was not going as i was to be at Mallala with Saggy Sarah but circumstances changed that so i took Barney up to Birdwood on the Sat.

I paid to be part of the day and i am glad i did ...... and therein lies the reason .... this has been on the agenda for over 12 months and the owners of GTR's and XU1's in SA elected not to enter the event for a variety of reasons.

To enter a national run in your own backyard makes it the cheapest way to do it , no travelling costs , accomadation etc.  so those who didn't partake( enter) missed a golden but cheap ( relatively) event .

Laz

#49 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

Some of them are the modern 13x7's but there are a few cars in these pics with the 13x8 & 13x9 group C hdt sprintys...

#50 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

First of all thanks to the members that have complimented about my award, I was much chuffed but on the other hand I felt very awkward accepting the award after being involved in the judging.

I entered this Event being an entrant and was asked along the way prior to the Event to have an input and be Part of a team to inspect these cars in which I accepted.

It was certainly a task in itself, we were all under the pump for 3 full days.

I learnt heaps over the weekend not only from the other guys involved in the judging but the owners and their cars them self’s, it was certainly a friendly atmosphere  the entire weekend and only the people involved in the Event will know.

I can tell you that at no point in the entire weekend any of us were bagging anyone’s car on how it looked or what it had on it. We all had open minds and all talk freely amongst our self’s and also to some entrants regarding their cars.

All we were trying to do was the job that was asked, to identify a model and to sort through what was in our view the best example in each category/class of how it would have left the factory/Dealer.

There were other categories for the other/ less original cars that entered also. There were also number of cars that were not judged because of the owners choosing not to which was fine.

We actually had to convince a couple of owners to have their car judged because we all thought they were better then what the owner was making out. Especially in the unrestored class.

As everyone knew at the Event once a Judges car was up for Scrutineering the owner of the car left the team for the other Judges to inspect their car and it wasn’t spoken about until the final points were counted at the end of the day. And quite frankly we didn’t have time, once a car was finished we had to move straight onto to next.

And still today I don’t know what the other Judges picked that was wrong on my car, all I know there were a few things.

All in all the weekend for me was great and I certainly learnt a lot from it. To the other Judges and I know a couple get on here, it was great to work and get personal with you.

I think in the future for me if I attend another event like this and asked to be involved in the Judging, then I will leave my car at home.

Edited by sunburst73-xu1, 24 April 2014 - 09:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users