#1 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

I own a taxi, I own a taxi,I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi
I'm sure it's not a dunny,
I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi
To some it's just not funny
I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi, I own a taxi
In the background I can hear the Dark One
I'm waiting for Outer, not to be out done
From Holden it came complete with 4 doors
OPSM sorted that out with glasses and there was 2 doors for sure.

But you know what, I love my L34............

#2 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Excellent Craig,

Most Taxi's cannot do what your Taxi is going to do, keep it up. Dave I

#3 kiwi-lilj

kiwi-lilj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Name:Blair
  • Car:LIL J

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Lol, you are a poet and you know it.

#4 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

Ha ha ha ha, love it.

i own 2 taxi's and happy with both.

#5 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

I like it

#6 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,029 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

Attached File  1.5 L34 Torana.jpg   83.22K   9 downloads

TAXI !!!

#7 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

I hope that's photoshopped cause otherwise your taxi sign is crooked and I think there is a whole in the back of your shed.

Nice car by the way Laurie.

#8 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:41 AM

Taxi 4 lyfe..i heard they had to remove 2 doors off the hatch's so they could keep up with the 4 door anyway. :D

#9 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:13 AM

Only the Hatch can win by

Six Laps - Race Record on the Last Lap

A Torrie Hatch is one sexy looking beast.

Its clear why the race teams all left the taxi version where it was better suited - "shopping duties".

Why would anyone choose to race around the track in a 4 door brick when you can race with style? :stirpot:

Attached Files

#10 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:20 AM

Beautiful 05 Torana

#11 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,029 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

Only the Hatch can win by
Six Laps - Race Record on the Last Lap

Brock was so great that year he could have won it on a tricycle!!

A Torrie Hatch is one sexy looking beast.

A pretty car for pretty boyz  :lol:

#12 _chrome yella_

_chrome yella_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

6 lap victory is outstanding, but I can remember when another car was leading by 6 laps at 3/4 race but DNF, what was it again........

oh yeah, that's right it was a Taxi. One of those Factory race Taxis'.

#13 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

6 lap victory is outstanding, but I can remember when another car was leading by 6 laps at 3/4 race but DNF, what was it again........

LOL

The BS stopped when the flag dropped, but just like the fat lady it was not over till the chequered flag waved. Or the winners roll call for Bathurst would read vastly different. As they say that's motor racing.

The magical thing about Bathurst was the mountain itself, and that's why it drew everybody in to watch it unfold. You could dominate the sprint races ........ but the mountain was one heartless bitch that would find your car/teams weakness and then crush you like a tin can. That's what made it so good because back then it was still mostly based on production cars not over the top purpose built NASCARs.

I don't give a rats bum what people think but the magical thing about the Hatchbacks 1979 win was not winning by 6 laps - it was THE RACE RECORD on the last lap.

Anyone who knows anything about racing knows the risk he took (perhaps through ego) because as had happened many times before something could have broken, he could have crashed, and instead of winning and getting a race record the Hatch gets a DNF next to its name.

Please lets not forget how Brock died because mistakes happen even to so called magicians like Brock,Senna etc its a bloody race and crap happens no matter how safe. Look at Hamilton when he had the F1championship in the bag then crashed because of brain fade (he admitted he stuffed himself up).

One thing Brock said after the 1979 race was he felt he could have raced and won again because the car was so strong. This is something that could not be said of the L34. This is well documented in race history and something that old Harry used to whine about to GMH  back in 74,75,76. All GMH teams new that was you can't turn a sow into a silk purse. Harry of course had his back against the wall in 74,75,76 with what cheap rubbish GMH had given him. The rice bubble Torana's had teams crossing their testicles and preying that sheer entry numbers would prevail while hoping the few poorly funded Frauds would find trouble.

Its a shame but had GMH not been so conservative and Harry been given what he wanted ...... the Torana's would have been almost unbeatable.

The most collectable car ever made by GMH will always be the A9X hatch followed by the stunning HK-HG GTS Monaro's. The reasoning is obvious because people relate racing to style and 2 doors give your stylists the ability to shape the car. That's why the in the usa the corvettes,camaro's,mustangs,chargers are all two doors as the need for 4 doors is solely needed just for mum running the kids to school and who cares if that her car is limited stylistically by having all those extra doors.  :stirpot:

Edited by LXSS350, 25 April 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#14 Covert

Covert

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  • Car:LH

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Four doors and sedan ass end definently looks better. The LH/LX sedan is more of a mans car, while the hatch is better suited to the wife. She can fit more shopping in the back of the hatch.

#15 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

I just sold my hatch to get back into a taxi.  Much happier now :-)

#16 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

Amazing Gerry,

I would of thought the Hatch was better, but obviously not, great Job. Dave I

#17 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Pretty sure it was leading by 9 laps and put out the celebratory smoke screen a few laps too early and ran out of oil.

#18 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

gees Craig

#19 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

Ha that's funny , those so called brilliant half a Torana, had to be fitted with a TAXI spec engine to race !,

#20 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:02 AM

Pretty sure it was leading by 9 laps and put out the celebratory smoke screen a few laps too early and ran out of oil.

Poor old Harry must lost a lot of hair trying to keep the pos engine from turning its valve covers into the sump everytime it got over 5000rpm. I was amazed Harry didn't pull the pin earlier with all the cr#p they gave him and yet the fools at GMH expected him to win races, :wtf:  Hell he was lucky to get them to hold together over the sprints.

I think it was more about him getting the sack from fraud that motivated him to put up with all the cheap left over rubbish. Kludo's to Harry as the guy was brilliant at making the best out of the circus he had been given.  Hell if it was up to GMH they would have given the taxi's front drums just because they had them left over form the FJ production run. ...... LOL

I mean seriously you can only burst out laughing whenever you look underneath any 5litre LH-LX on the hoist.

Bloody Tonka Toys have stronger running gear .... its seriously just poorly designed cheap ass rubbish. I love the old bango next to the XA Frauds 9" or the top loader near the All poxy pos gearbox that looks like it belongs in a ride-on mower.

I love the Torana but lets keep it real about what it was.

#21 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

Poor old Harry must lost a lot of hair trying to keep the pos engine from turning its valve covers into the sump everytime it got over 5000rpm. I was amazed Harry didn't pull the pin earlier with all the cr#p they gave him and yet the fools at GMH expected him to win races, :wtf:  Hell he was lucky to get them to hold together over the sprints.

I think it was more about him getting the sack from fraud that motivated him to put up with all the cheap left over rubbish. Kludo's to Harry as the guy was brilliant at making the best out of the circus he had been given.  Hell if it was up to GMH they would have given the taxi's front drums just because they had them left over form the FJ production run. ...... LOL

I mean seriously you can only burst out laughing whenever you look underneath any 5litre LH-LX on the hoist.
Bloody Tonka Toys have stronger running gear .... its seriously just poorly designed cheap ass rubbish. I love the old bango next to the XA Frauds 9" or the top loader near the All poxy pos gearbox that looks like it belongs in a ride-on mower.

I love the Torana but lets keep it real about what it was.

Still p1ssed on everything else!!!

#22 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

zzzzzzzzz

Same old contradictory rubbish

#23 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

Brocky beat everyone in the old A9X 4-Door when he went back to HDT,  so the TAXI is not to bad

#24 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Col, I would say that Holden was very smart, they didn't spend anything more than they had to to win a race.
Everyone knows that between 1974 and 79 Holden won 4 Bathurst races to Fords 2. Not a bad for what you say is poor technology.
Harry developed them into a winning race car that's for sure, but in that period, none of Harry's cars won Bathurst.
2 privateers and then 2 by the factory cars but run buy John Sheppard.
Ford won with 1 privateer and 1 factory win.

So for all the top loaders and 9 inch diffs, Holden still won more races and spent less doing so, very smart.

#25 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

Col, I would say that Holden was very smart, they didn't spend anything more than they had to to win a race.
Everyone knows that between 1974 and 79 Holden won 4 Bathurst races to Fords 2. Not a bad for what you say is poor technology.
Harry developed them into a winning race car that's for sure, but in that period, none of Harry's cars won Bathurst.
2 privateers and then 2 by the factory cars but run buy John Sheppard.
Ford won with 1 privateer and 1 factory win.

So for all the top loaders and 9 inch diffs, Holden still won more races and spent less doing so, very smart.

Doesn't say much for the so called much stronger frauds then does it craig....GO THE TAXIS....oh and dont forget the GIANT KILLERS with a 6cyl and less stronger stuff lol....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users