Proposed plan for a $10M Racetrack in Wagga Wagga, NSW

Wagga Wagga Wagga Proposed Plan Race Track Racetrack

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 _napes_au_

_napes_au_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

As some of you may know, the Wagga Wagga City Council of NSW has had a proposed plan for a $10M race track complex including the V8 Supercars for some time now.

Well, earlier today a representative has been down to the council and spent about 2 hours reading through the amended application for the racetrack development here in Wagga.  All the required noise, environmental, visual etc impact studies have been done, and it looks pretty good, it seems that all the concerns raised have been addressed. Problem is that people need to lodge any opinions by the 5/5/14. so we need to get as any people as possible to email into the council a quick letter voicing their desire for the development to be approved.

Below is a brief letter put together so that people can copy into their own email, modify it how you feel fit and them email it through to the council. It needs to emailed to: [email protected] and marked attention to Leanne Frow

SAMPLE LETTER - copy & paste into your own email and modify if you wish. Then email as above by the 5th May 2014 (copy the text below into your own email)

ATTENTION:   Leanne Frow, Wagga Wagga City Council

Hello Leanne,

I am writing to you in regard to proposed Motor Racing Track and Driver Education Centre. (DA11/0625)

I believe that the Wagga Wagga City Council should approve this development as it would be hugely beneficial to the Wagga Wagga community. Not only from an economic point of view for the business it will bring in to the city but also very importantly the ability to provide young drivers with further education and skills that will help them from becoming a tragic statistic.

Wagga Wagga needs a facility like this not only to support the local motorsport enthusiasts, but to bring others into the city. Competitors and enthusiasts from our area have for far too long had to travel to other facilities and centres to enjoy their sport. In doing so they are taking valuable income from the city and spending it elsewhere. If the facility were to be established more of this money would be kept local as well as much more being brought into the local economy from out of town competitors and enthusiasts.

I understand that this form of sport is not appealing to all people and that a small number of people would be against this type of development, however I think the overall benefit to the local community would far out way the negative impact that some may experience. With this in mind I urge the Wagga Wagga City council to look favourably upon this application.

Yours Sincerely,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help will be appreciated,
Cheers

#2 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

will 10 million cut it John,

Remember, there are Blow outs. Dave I

#3 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

Things are looking good in NSW track wise lately.

Luddenham is on the go.

Proposal put in for Nowra.

And Wagga.

#4 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

Sounds good, it is about time too

#5 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

Wow this was on the drawing boards back in the 80's for W.W. So Yes I would Say About Time......

#6 GMH-01X

GMH-01X

Drive Fast Take Chances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Name:Aaron
  • Car:1977 Hatchback

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

Yeah it's about time we had some replacements seeing we have lost some good tracks over the years.
I have some great memories at Amaroo Park Raceway as a kid & so on, the bicycle day, touring cars in the 80's,
watching the sports sedans and rally events in the 90's.
Oran Park has always been a winner for all types of motor racing especially the V8's
My brother & myself would load up the ute with our race couch ( a cheap light two seater ) the BBQ, esky & tarps
and rock up to the track at sparrow fart so we could our spot near the go cart pits -always a awesome 12 hr day.
Fingers crossed for new NSW Racetracks in the future.

Az

#7 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Probably go the same way as the wide bay track we had planned locally here, pear shaped. 

But email sent anyway. 

Im not entirely sure you could provide all your planning to for 10 mill though? Who did the budget? Seems awfully low. I'd think add a 0 to the end of that and you might be close to something....Particularly when you mention the taxi's. 

Cheers. 

#8 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

The Luddenham track is just up the road from me..First I knew about it was when I drove past and saw the signs and dozers. What kind of track is it going to be?

#9 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

1.25 km track Craig,

is that long enough

#10 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

So long as it has a 400 meter straight..

#11 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

hah har, of-course

So long as it has a 400 meter straight..

Craig

#12 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

yep, $10M will build a go kart track !  though, is it not Council alolocating a contribution and then seeking state funding for the remainder ?

#13 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

For those with Facebook. Luddenhams page

https://www.facebook...Raceway?fref=ts

#14 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

Read this one - https://au.answers.y...03204142AAUxRkG

Somewhere between a couple million dollars and a few hundred million dollars (or maybe more)? This would be for a paved road course. 

It's a wide range because you've left out substantial details, and with any such large construction project, how the costs add up will be in the details. 

At one extreme (the cheapest), you are talking about finding an available lot of land with no zoning issues and a local government that is friendly to such a project. The land is located in the middle of nowhere and can be had very cheaply. Your planned build out is a short 2 mile track with no other support buildings (maybe a couple portable toilets and a trailer of some kind to function as a center of operations). 

At the other extreme you are talking about prime real estate in a somewhat ubran setting that must overcome local oppostition, environmental reports, changes in zoning, etc. The planned buildout to include a 2.5 mile or longer track (which is minimal length for acreditation by a few sanctioning bodies), and at least some permanent structures to house track functions. 

Realistically, it would probably be near impossible to line up such a perfect situation as to actually get up and running for less than $10 million for something beyond bare bones, and developments that run much more than the $100 million mark are usually only done if there is some major agreement for race hosting already in place, so $10-100 million would be the best estimate without details.

also say's 2.2 million for the Tar Surface

A Private Track here - 503257-private-race-track-at-kulnura-on-

http://www.dailytele...3505500?page=12

#15 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hi John,

has there been any movement for the Supercar Track (DA11/0625).

be nice to see the Track Layout.

As some of you may know, the Wagga Wagga City Council of NSW has had a proposed plan for a $10M race track complex including the V8 Supercars for some time now.

Any help will be appreciated,
Cheers

#16 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

Pretty sure they spent 4 Mill to upgrade Barbagallo to V8 Supercar standards a few years ago and that was mostly spent rebuilding the pit area or building a new one I think.

10 Mill does sound a bit cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users