axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

G'day Ryan, Thanks

The photo was taken at the all Holden day at Clarendon. Auto Glym have asked me to put the hatch at various show over the years and in return they give me free their products to test and use. I was a Mcguires fan for years but after using Auto Glym products I haven't gone back.

Q 1: The flares are from Rare Spares and I believe they are Wilson's

Q 2: The red is HSV Sting red and the black is a metallic BMW E36 Cosmos black. Both colours were clear over base and Standox paint was used.

Q 3: Front & Rear 14" rims F 8" & R 10" wide, didn't cut anything else except the outer guards.

The SLR rebuild I am doing at present is running F 17x8" & R 17x10" FR17 Simmons which is as big as my engineer will allow so just check of your local laws before you hand over the cash.

Best of luck with the build and take you time and do all your home work first, It will save you heaps of time and money in the long run.

Lenny.

#27 _Oceanpaddler_

_Oceanpaddler_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

Thanks Lenny for the info and I appreciate the advice.  Will keep in touch and may throw a few questions your way as i progress.

#28 _Oceanpaddler_

_Oceanpaddler_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Lenny,  sorry forgot to ask.  What size tyres you running on the red hatch at the moment and is your rear diff standard width?

#29 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

The fronts are 245x14 rear 265x14. running a 9" up the back but cant remember the width.
The rim offset front is 4" in & 4" out rear 5" in & 5" out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users