27 replies to this topic

#26 turbotrana

turbotrana

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:39 PM

I bumped into this thread whilst looking some lifter stuff up.  I have Rhoads antipump up lifters in a big cammed turbo holden 202. I used the Rhoads as they said they calm down the idle and give a few extra revs. They did exactly that (I dont think Rhoads is around anymore) However they were really noisy on startup for many seconds until the oil got into them. I then did a mod to the oiling system where I tapped both ends of the main oil gallery and directly fed oil pressure from where the oil pressure switch is located. Effectively having three oil pressure points in the main oil gallery.  It completely solved the problem of noisy lifters for me and I would say helps with getting oil evenly to the mains and bigends. 

#27 lawn bowls

lawn bowls

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Car:72 lj 4 door

Posted 19 July 2021 - 04:15 PM

I bumped into this thread whilst looking some lifter stuff up.  I have Rhoads antipump up lifters in a big cammed turbo holden 202. I used the Rhoads as they said they calm down the idle and give a few extra revs. They did exactly that (I dont think Rhoads is around anymore) However they were really noisy on startup for many seconds until the oil got into them. I then did a mod to the oiling system where I tapped both ends of the main oil gallery and directly fed oil pressure from where the oil pressure switch is located. Effectively having three oil pressure points in the main oil gallery.  It completely solved the problem of noisy lifters for me and I would say helps with getting oil evenly to the mains and bigends. 

i have a big solid cam in my turbo 186 lj torana billet 246/246 @ 50 112 lsa dont know what brand the solid cam and lifters are i brought them from mark from aussie speed.

#28 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 13 February 2023 - 07:26 AM

Sort of related to lifters,,how long does it usually take for oil to flow to top end from cold start considering the push rod needs to "fill up" and the metering plate in the lifter is a control factor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users