Direct comparison, Rare Spares vs Betta Auto Rubber quarter vent seals.

Rare Spares Betta Auto Rubbers Quarter Vent Rubber Torana Review

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

Bomber – How tricky is it to change the seals? I'm assuming that you did it with all the other door glass mechanisms in? any tips or is it pretty straight forward?

#27 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Its pretty easy if you have the cutouts for the ash trays in the tops of the doors. 

You can reach in through the hole and undo the nut that holds the lower pivot in, it has several washers and springs and the like as well. 

Then undo the glass, top pivot just pulls out, and if you have the nut undone then bottom pivot comes out as well. 

Then just pull the rubber out. 

If you dont have the ash tray holes in the tops of the doors, then tmk you have to pull the whole assembly out, which is probably a bit more butt hurtery. 

Cheers. 

#28 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

I see – Pretty sure that my doors don't have the ashtray cutouts which was why I was struggling to see how you swapped them out without pulling the door to pieces. Oh well will have to have to take another look.

Thanks for taking the time to review. I like many people have badly leaking 1/4 vent seals and was always put off replacing them previously as I was aware of the shortcoming of the old products available. Also good to see Rares taking the time to develop products which are up to scratch when compared to the OEM equipment.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rare Spares, Betta Auto Rubbers, Quarter Vent, Rubber, Torana, Review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users