inj 5.0 bellhousing and exhaust

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _greg2240_

_greg2240_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

hi guys, was wondering if exhaust manifolds on my 253 will fit my vs inj 5.0 when I do the engine swap and I will be using a aussie 4sp from the 253 so will I need to change the bell housing, clutch etc? also will the 5.0 starter fit the 253, thanks Greg

#2 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

Bolt pattern is different on injected heads so your 253 manifolds wont fit, I used some ebay extractors on mine but I think even the stock vs manifolds will fit. Starters are interchangeable too but if you're using hq mounts the 253 starter will be very close to the crossmember...

#3 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

Also the bolt pattern on the back of the block on the inj motor will be turbo pattern so your aussie box wont bolt straight on. If you want to keep the 4spd you can have the block redrilled or use an adapter (I think dellow make one?), or try CRS for a bellhousing. I'd use the commodore t5 but, its a better stronger box...

#4 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

As above you need a Dellow or CRS Chev to aussie 3 or 4spd bellhousing. Get the right one for your clutch setup. Note that if you have an LX V8 clutch setup you'll have to butcher it to make it fit as it uses the Aussie pattern bolts to mount.

It is probably easier to find a Holden pattern 308 block and replace the VS block with it, just rebuild the bottom end and use all the VS stuff on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users