#1 Oversteer

Oversteer

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Car:LH SLR5000

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

I'm the the process of re-wiring the LH 4 door, car was originally a l16 M20 floor shift.... where would i find the reverse switch wire/s in the dash loom ?

I have the loom stripped of most tape and dummy-ed up in the car installing a Pulse leash street/strip box.... everything works but i can't seem to find where the reverse switch signal enters the loom...

Any pointers on where and what colour ?

Cheers

Justin

#2 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,582 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

See if this Link Helps Justin:-

http://www.gmh-toran...lh-wiring-help/

otherwise, check these out:-

https://www.google.c...h-torana.com.au

#3 Obey 1

Obey 1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Pretty sure the reverse wires should be light green and dark green, from memory mine came from around the steering column and just ran under the carpet to the trans tunnel
Mine is an lx ,but I would assume lh to be the same

Edited by Obey 1, 30 July 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#4 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

From memory mine exited the loom around the same area as the high/low beam floor dippers switch. Light/dark green sounds about right.

#5 Oversteer

Oversteer

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Car:LH SLR5000

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Ahhh  now things have clicked.... I did find those wires, the light and dark green with a funny plug and assumed they would be Reverse... however when i tested them i managed to get Hazard lights !!! I thought , well what do you know the old torana had a option for a Hazard light switch !! But as it turns out they are a trigger signal going to the indicator stork and as stated the indicators are the reverse lights...., and as i have now wired the indicator switch to the Pulse leash box it starts up the indicators flashing.

I didn't even realise that the indicators were the back up lights...i assumed there was a separate bulb down the back there somewhere, guess its true what they say about assumptions !

Makes sense now at least, thanks everyone for the help and pointing in the right direction.

Check out the stuff these guys have if you have never seen them before, there wiring boards replace all fuses and relays into one compact box.

http://www.leashelectronics.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users