Forum behaviour

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#1 _Muzzy_

_Muzzy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hi , this is a general post
I have been a forum member since oct 2013 and have done some 200 plus posts, I'm disappointed at the personal attacks that occur on this forum.
Given I'm a active member of the Pajero forum for the last 10 years and was also involved in a small ford forum with my RS2000, I think
1 members need chill out and understand everybody has a view
2 don't head off topic as it seems on this forum to lead to personal attacks
3 only add value of real experience , if you are smart enough to use a forum your also smart enough look up the web, it's real experience of real problems or questions that people are seeking answers to not web quotes from sales companies

And last, I think the admin boys need to act faster, sorry I don't who you are, but personal slinging matches are a mega turn off

Like I said I've never seen anything like it on other forums

#2 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

Not to mention blatant girls school clique-type popularity dramas & favouritism, even from 'moderators'..

Laugh it off mate..

#3 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

I thought this was one of the better forums and actually do believe all in all the guys behind the scene do quite a good job.

#4 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

Just to add, if you have a problem with a post then hit the report button or don't bring yourself down to their level and suck it up princess haha.

#5 tuxedoss

tuxedoss

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:ss

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hey muzzy, I've been on the pajero forum since 2002, looks like we have similar interest in cars. I think the pajero forum is the exception, not sure why but everyone there gets on very well. This forum is no worse than all the others I frequent but like the others isn't perfect but you get that, could be a lot worse though.

#6 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

Somehow Skapinad has survived after all these years, corruption is good for some!

Report button usually works pretty good when the egos are flying

#7 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

First up, just remember we volunteer for this and we all have lives away from the forum and don't like to have to baby sit people who are supposedly adults.

Skap has had many holidays and if I had my way he would never return! But he likes to sook like a spoilt brat and others let him back in.

Since I have nothing better to do today I might do a clean out where needed, those that are not playing nice, be warned, there will be no warning since you don't want to play by the rules, neither will I.

If there is a complaint or a thread I need to look over please PM me or use the report button.

#8 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

I agree

People need to pull their heads in

The keyboard warriors are happy to spout their tripe here but would be very quiet if they were actually face to face with the person

Now as far as speed of moderating

If you report the post... we see it... if you don't... since we don't read everything posted here every day we might not

I also work 10 hrs a day and have a life so can't be here during the day so only get a look in at night... I'm also on the West coast... so takes alittle longer to get to reading the forums than the east coast mods

Moral of the story... see a problem... report it !!

#9 _Muzzy_

_Muzzy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

I haven't seen a report button, however in saying that , I will go look now

#10 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

Somehow Skapinad has survived after all these years, corruption is good for some!

Report button usually works pretty good when the egos are flying

First up, just remember we volunteer for this and we all have lives away from the forum and don't like to have to baby sit people who are supposedly adults.

Skap has had many holidays and if I had my way he would never return! But he likes to sook like a spoilt brat and others let him back in.

Since I have nothing better to do today I might do a clean out where needed, those that are not playing nice, be warned, there will be no warning since you don't want to play by the rules, neither will I.

If there is a complaint or a thread I need to look over please PM me or use the report button.

speaking of personal attacks ?  you two need to build a bridge and get over it...... Dan, you only bother posting lately when you can have a go at me.... and Kerri, spoiled brat ?  bit harsh...you should try setting an example instead of jumping on the DanWA bandwagon.... have fun with your clean out :)

#11 _Muzzy_

_Muzzy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

Found it, next to the edit button, I'm good

#12 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Pajero forum is good. Been there for years too!

#13 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Don't flatter yourself Skap, you're not the only member on the watch list. 

#14 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,029 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Nobody's allowed to like the mods. There's no button. ^_^

#15 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

Is there a report feature on the mobile site? Need to use it right now.

Or i can just wait till im on the puter tonight i suppose.

#16 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

FWIW I think the mods do a great job for what they get paid.

I don't feel like there is a lot of bad behaviour on the forum either.

A lot of guys know each other away from the forum or through the forum, and sometimes the 'personal attacks' are actually playful banter, but those not directly involved may not realise.

Other times people just don't like each other, you get that when you have members from such a vast area of the country with different interests.

Other times guys really do like each other but don't like the other guys opinion, and because they feel they are mates can they can have a crack and say what they really feel.

In some ways that makes this a better forum than others I have been a part of, its more like a family than just an information source, and personally I spend a lot of time on here and have a lot of laughs.

#17 _ljxu1torana_

_ljxu1torana_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

if people start swearing and putting the other people down,this is what the moderators should be looking at.

#18 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

DJ you might need to use the full version to report. PM me here or FB but I may have already hidden the post you want to report

#19 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

hallelujah.. has the conspiracy thread and political threads both been killed ? 

#20 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Firstly, no one gets paid to look after the forum. Secondly, it's a loveless job because someone will always feel like they have been hard done by.

Constantly I am accussed of having no sense of humour, it doesn't phase me one bit because when I am moderating I have to take emotion and favouritism out of what I do, thats part of being a moderator. My 25 years in defence probably contributes to how my posts come across, I make no appoligy for it because I deal with facts. Baron Von Dark constantly lets me know I have no sense of humour, but I know him personally and he knows if I had a real problem with it I would tell him.

J.A.W. I'm sure your comment of favouritism is aimed at me because you copped a warning, but the fact is it was you people were complainiing about. I also read through a bunch of your posts, and all in all they are niggling and borderline.

Adam knows he is always skating on thin ice, as are some others, and if it comes down to breaking the rules, no matter who is is, do the crime, do the time.

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of banter, but sometimes it crosses the line. Once upon a time we had common sense, self control and responsibility for ones own actions, now they are super powers, hence the need for people to sometimes step in.

#21 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

So its now gonna be a dobbers paradise, jeeze - checking on all that bitchin'.. 

..will really make the mods feel worth what they are paid..

#22 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

& Reddo, I can take it on my chin, no worries, but just kindly, don't be like a biased ref, who listens to the whingers..

..or get the shits with being hassled by them,& pings on reflex, rather than applying the rules fairly,& without fear or favour..

#23 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Wait, so the 3 reports you just lodged isn't you doing exactly the same thing?? Seriously

So its now gonna be a dobbers paradise, jeeze - checking on all that bitchin'.. 

..will really make the mods feel worth what they are paid..

Ok, I'll ignore the whingers, including the 3 reports you just lodged

& Reddo, I can take it on my chin, no worries, but just kindly, don't be like a biased ref, who listens to the whingers..

..or get the shits with being hassled by them,& pings on reflex, rather than applying the rules fairly,& without fear or favour..

#24 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

Yeah it is.. in for a penny , in for a quid.. & in reality - you have to play the game to the ref, 'rules' or no..

& have you deleted those posts yet? Demonstrating a bit of  level playing field-type equity is cool by me..

#25 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Ok, lets just settle this right now. When you come onto the forum and male posts that upset a group of people, and that group of people complain, is that the same as then crying foul and saying everyone is picking on me and lodging 3 singular complaints? I think not.

Equity isn't about everyone being the same by the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users