LKW-111

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _des sweeting_

_des sweeting_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

Hi just wanted to know if this car still exists. I have heard it does but just wanted confirmation cheers

#2 crabba67

crabba67

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Name:anthony

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

a live and well

#3 _des sweeting_

_des sweeting_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

thank you can you tell me a little of the history after it left the HDT Cheers

#4 _BBR Rallying_

_BBR Rallying_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:51 PM

Hi Des, my name is Peter Batt. I am a member of the Hills District Car Club. I owned LKW from 1979 till 1985. The car was used by Peter Lang to win the 1973 Australian Rally Championship. It was sold to Robert Jackson who used it in some NSW state rallys, as RJ112. It was sold to a fellow member of Hills Reg Cross. He owned it for about 12 months untill I purchased it for $3,500. I rallied it, used it in lap dashes and hillclimbs untill I basically turned it back into a road car. I sold it to a learner driver from Silvania for $3,500 (that was the going price for anj XU-1 in those days. Later I was contacted by a chap known as Shane. I found the CAMs log book which I gave to him. I heard the car was found by Ron Missan who was trying to restore it. I would love to know it's whereabouts now. I am still involved in rallying. I navigate for my sons who both have 6 cylinder early Commodores. I can be contacted by E-mail at [email protected] or 0400 828 911.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users