LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

If you're keen, grab the 2 plug ends of the white wire in the main loom too, and graft them onto your main loom when you do the install.

Did exactly that, grafted the wires onto matching plugs.
If anything goes wrong with the UC int switch, unplug it and put the original wire back on the switch.
Back to normal in about 20 sec's.

Also the UC control has the correct color code and plugs.

I mounted the control switch in a small toggle switch mount and fitted it under the dash beside the console.

Edited by LX2DR, 20 July 2006 - 11:30 PM.

#27 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

EXLXSL how much did the hella kit set you back?

john

Not too sure now a it was a few months ago. Bought off eBay for maybe $50 brand new with instructions and wiring.

#28 _Chamois hatch_

_Chamois hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

yeah i had a look and they still make the kit, but its close to $100 so you got a bargain.

cheers

#29 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:59 PM

yeah i had a look and they still make the kit, but its close to $100 so you got a bargain.

cheers

$100 is a ripoff. All you need is someone with a little electronics knowledge to build you a 555 timer circuit to drive a single pole make/break relay - about $15 to $20 in parts max.

Finding a UC/HX one would be easier for us lazy enthusiasts though :rolleyes:

#30 _Aidan_

_Aidan_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:31 PM

hmm they one on my UC is different to the one you posted up RED, its half the size with no labels. Still it fits in a factory hole on the dash on the right hand side of the steering wheel.. and it works just fine

edit - just read its off a HZ :)

Edited by Aidan, 24 July 2006 - 11:34 PM.

#31 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:46 AM

uc style
Posted Image

#32 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:16 AM

As you can see from Devils pic and my pic, the only difference is the face plate, and you throw that away anyway and simply slip the switch in the choke hole. The system is identical, match it up to my poorly drawn wiring diagram and it works perfectly, I know, I've done it a few times.

#33 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:57 PM

Do you only need the intermittent switch or do you need the whole wiper mechanism?

#34 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:38 PM

Seeing as my car will be running again soon now and considering I have a UC which will eventually become a dragster, guess who is going to fit the UC wiper motor and switch to his car ;) You guys have convinced me.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 25 July 2006 - 04:39 PM.

#35 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:53 PM

Do you only need the intermittent switch or do you need the whole wiper mechanism?

AZZA, you need the parts shown in mine and devils pics, then you wire it into your existing wiring as per the drawing. It's a 30 min job

#36 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

Seeing as my car will be running again soon now and considering I have a UC which will eventually become a dragster, guess who is going to fit the UC wiper motor and switch to his car ;) You guys have convinced me.

Cheers
Herne

Wiper motor is the same for all LH, LX, UC, so no need to change your original one unless it's stuffed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users