Probably posting this in the wrong section... but anyway.
I am having an Aus day weekend next year.
All local members welcome to attend, if we are friends on facebook already, you have probably got the invite, if not search me and I will add you to the event (Adam Skapin):
for those not on facebook, details are copied below. Welcome to bring the Torana out for a spin and a sleep over
Australia Day Weekend !!
I realise a lot of people likely do similar, so I propose extending it over the weekend, particularly as Australia Day is on the Monday with Tuesday a day for a sickie or annual leave !
• Commencing from 10am Sunday, January 25 until 2pm Tuesday, January 27. Drop in for a couple of hours, a night or stay the whole weekend.
• Peak Crossing, 45 minutes south west of the Brisbane CBD, in the beautiful Scenic Rim. Close by to a number of dams, vineyards etc.
• 90 Acre property with no immediate neighbours.
• Heaps of room for tents, campers, motorhomes etc.
• Plenty of inside room to throw a mattress or swag.
• Large Dam, capable of jet skiing on.
• Big open paddock for those wanting to bring a motorbike.
• Big slip and slide in to dam.
• BBQ and cooking facilities.
• Toilet/Bathroom facilities.
• 40-60L of home brew on tap.
• Pig on spit.
• Babysitter, on hourly hire for the evenings. (approx. $20-$30 per hour per babysitter, assume 8 kids per sitter) so around $3-$4/hr per kid. I have a two bedroom guest house that will be set up to accommodate and amuse the little one’s during the evening.
• Group buy alcohol. E.g. 50L commercial kegs.
Any questions, please ask.