Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

G'day All

Went to the Culcairn Show 'n Shine Swap Meet yesterday and bloody hell it was hot as hell so I'm glad when its my time to leave this earthly planet, I should or could, land in Torana Heaven  :clap: and not in Fraud Hell    :sad:

Usually when I get to a swap meet, most of and if there was Torana stuff, it has been bought so I got quite a shock when I came across a box full of old car magazines and ended up getting a haul of them for 'bout $2 each  :spoton:

Condition of them about average for their age some not so

These are all of the Torana related magazines that I probably will keep ............................

Culcairn-Keepers.jpg

AND these have "interesting" articles in them that might end up on evilbay

Culcairn-Sellers.jpg

I did pay $10 for one magazine from the first seller with car literature and it is the Racing Car News with Gricey's A9X on the cover but the rest were bought a lot more cheaply from 2 more sellers further down the line of stall holders.

The final haul ended up 25 magazines for $45, there is another one that I didn't put in the photo.

A few are from 1980's to early 1990's

I now have quite a large collection of magazines from the 1970's of which I use as reference books as photos from that era do not lie, well they do now with digital photography.

AND most of the stories are correct

I sometimes get contact info on Torana stuff so here's hoping I hear back from a few fellas I spoke to

Barry

#2 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

Great find Barry!

#3 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:44 PM

bargain Baz....if you got those Bathurst programmes for $2....you did very well.
Whack em on Ebay for $50 each and add the coin to your Toranafest fund for 2015!!

#4 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

bargain Baz....if you got those Bathurst programmes for $2....you did very well.
Whack em on Ebay for $50 each and add the coin to your Toranafest fund for 2015!!

Gunna need that Toranafest fund Paul, our youngest son Eric is getting married in November so next years Fest will be a budget one

Did pay more for the Bathurst Programs, $3 each but got a discount on the others as I bought about 19 from another seller.

AND I forgot this one as it was sitting under the lid of the scanner.

It is very interesting as the Torana stamp does only slightly resemble a Torana but at least the album is complete with all the other stamps of various cars

Australian-Cars-Stamp-Album.jpg

2nd line bottom left is what I am talking about

Australian-Cars-Stamp-Alb-2.jpg

Not sure on keeping this one and I definitely have not seen nor heard of this stamp book

Unfortunately a few of the car diagrams have had the colouring in by a youngster  :cry:

T'was a good find Howard and when I see a pile of car magazines I always zoom in on them  :spoton:

Barry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users