#1 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:25 AM

I'm trying to wire up the reverse lights in my Lc for a roadworthy. I have sorted the two green wires from the base of the column (was trimatic auto) and wired through to hole in transmission tunell. They are working fine when shorted together.

I'm struggling to find where abouts on a Celica Steel Case 5 Speed the wires are hooked up to, or rather where the reverse switch is located. I have dropped the crossmember and had a bit of a hunt around with a lead light and mirror but keep coming up with blanks. Gearbox and engine are still in car.

Can someone point me in the right direction or even better provide a pic?

#2 ant285

ant285

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Name:ant
  • Car:lj

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:13 AM

Ive just taken this from another forum, hope it helps.

It's mounted on the lower passenger-side of the box, on the casing... a few inches forward (ie towards the engine) of the gear stick.

#3 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

Cheers Ant. I did manage to find it!

I was struggling to find it as the connectors had all been smashed off so it looked more like a bolt than a switch.

Anyway will pick up a new switch and should be pretty straightforward from there.

Anyone who comes across this post in the future its about half way down the gearbox itself (steel part) excluding the alloy extension housing and is on the passengers side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users