#401 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:59 PM

When it comes to the charges that the Police lay, it depends on what they and the prosecutor think will stick.

You dont always get charged for everything you can be charged for, but in some cases you will be loaded up, and then lots dropped when it comes to court.

It is really up to the prosecutor with what he or she thinks will make it over the line.

Some smaller charges might be dropped either because of co operation or they will make no real difference to the penalty the defendant will get.

You need to account for the fact that most charges are ended with a deal rather than going to trial. In America it is 97% by deal. A lawyer I was talking to during my compensation deal told me the figures here a re much the same.

So. Some charges may have been dropped.

But it makes the person no less guilty.

Cheers

Rob

#402 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:10 PM

Quite possibly.
Look at what happened to the old couple who sold that fake GT a few years back.

That was a Civil case though.

#403 MFM

MFM

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:xu1

Posted 03 November 2020 - 02:40 PM

What Rockoz has stated is spot on. I'm generalizing here as I haven't followed the court process with this matter, but I do have some experience in the judicial system and I can tell you charges are dropped/negotiated every day by DPP to save $$ in Court time (which equals $) Plea bargaining is commonplace in nearly every trial (District and Supreme courts) irrespective of the culpability of the offender/s. The only person who would know the full story would be the investigating Police, so wait till he retires and shout him a drink to get all that nice juicy evidence.

#404 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2020 - 07:18 AM

I for one am guilty of selling and buying re shelled cars, I have openly brought them over this forum but have always disclosed them when selling on,,, also please note I never made these cars into re shells, I just added parts, paint and panels,,,

As far as I'm concerned that don't make me a crook.

Now to what I think

1,If you sell a car that you know is re shelled because you cut and took the tags numbers from a rusted out or unusable car and placed them on another shell and then used that for personal gain without letting the buyer know.

2,if you brought a re shelled car and fixed it up and faked it to look like an original and then tried passing it on without letting the buyer know.

What we need to remember is people, smash shops, race teams all started doing this to these cars back in the 70s and 80s,,, I myself have no problem with someone building a replica and making out its the real deal, mate he might even want to add his grandfathers tags to it, I don't care,,, but if he tries selling that car as the real deal then he's a crook

Anyway that my say and think what you want

Cheers gong

#405 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:31 AM

The Summary of Prosecution Opening Plea on September 2020 gives comprehensive and documented overview of what took place. Interesting that the "Sexy Lexy" Pink XUI that has been all over the news in the last few days is included in Summary of Prosecution Opening Plea as being a Genuine May 72 LJ XUI when stolen and re birthed as Sept 72 LJ XU1. There were 3 other Toranas that were not genuine XU1'S and rebirthed as XU1'S.

Ok, now I'm on the ball ! There were 2 pink September 1972 XU-1,s. " Sexy Lexy "  an Adelaide car ALJ11962A and the rebirthed Brisbane car ALJ12693B with white trim.

#406 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:35 AM

You dont always get charged for everything you can be charged for.

Cheers

Rob

#407 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 09:56 AM

I for one am guilty of selling and buying re shelled cars, I have openly brought them over this forum but have always disclosed them when selling on,,, also please note I never made these cars into re shells, I just added parts, paint and panels,,,

As far as I'm concerned that don't make me a crook.

Now to what I think

1,If you sell a car that you know is re shelled because you cut and took the tags numbers from a rusted out or unusable car and placed them on another shell and then used that for personal gain without letting the buyer know.

2,if you brought a re shelled car and fixed it up and faked it to look like an original and then tried passing it on without letting the buyer know.

What we need to remember is people, smash shops, race teams all started doing this to these cars back in the 70s and 80s,,, I myself have no problem with someone building a replica and making out its the real deal, mate he might even want to add his grandfathers tags to it, I don't care,,, but if he tries selling that car as the real deal then he's a crook

Anyway that my say and think what you want

Cheers gong

I think that Civil case with that GT fell into that second scenario. From what I have heard the Plaintiffs wanted to appeal the decision but the Magistrate warned them that if they did it was going to be referred to the Police for possible criminal activity. That case was solely a case of false advertising though IIRC, the people restored the car and advertised it as genuine. If they advertised it as an XY Falcon with photos so that people could make their own mind up there would have been no case to answer, at least in a Civil court. I still would bet money that a lot of these big $ GMH and Ford cars selling are active money laundering, the cars are simply not worth what is being paid. Easy way to legitimise cash, no capital gains if it is a private sale and also a money pit to turn a pile of rubbish into something that sells for big bucks by paying cash for resto along the way.

#408 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:49 AM

and the rebirthed Brisbane car ALJ12693B with white trim.

This one was on the whisper facebook page a couple of years ago and I posted a link to the thread in here which outed it as a fake.  Funnily enough, my post disappeared after about half an hour.

#409 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 01:43 PM

There is a collector in Victoria who owns a September 1972 pink car with white trim also, it has'nt surfaced as yet.......

#410 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:49 PM

There is a collector in Victoria who owns a September 1972 pink car with white trim also, it has'nt surfaced as yet.......

Was this the one for sale recently??

#411 jpxu1

jpxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:57 PM

Don't believe so.

Pretty sure the car you're thinking of was the one at Shannons (late last year/early this year?) - is the first Adelaide built, and now resides in Sydney (with a forum member).

(And it has black trim if my memory is correct)

JPXU1

Edited by jpxu1, 26 November 2020 - 09:59 PM.

#412 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 01:02 PM

Congratulations  B) 

https://www.3aw.com....er-of-the-year/

https://omny.fm/show...icer-of-the-yea

#413 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 06:05 AM

No, Different car, However, Created by the same people........

#414 jpxu1

jpxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 10:24 PM

No, Different car, However, Created by the same people........

If it's the car I was referring to, you are incorrect

#415 jpxu1

jpxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 11:15 PM

If it's the car I was referring to, you are incorrect

It's been clarified.... we are talking about 3 different SMP's here.  :spoton:

#416 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:08 AM

Yes, the one you are talking about jp is a 1/72 Adelaide built car, purchased by Liz ( Forum Member ) from Shannon's. The one brocks72xu1 is talking about is the FAKE 9/72 Brisbane built car which was for sale on Australianmusclecarsales with white trim. The one I am talking about is another FAKE 9/72 Brisbane built car with white trim which is owned by a collector in Victoria.

#417 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:35 AM

Why is it that the LJ XU1's have been faked so often? I have heard of heaps now just on this forum, but it is not something you hear about A9X's. If it is to do with the VIN disc, I thought the same details were available for A9X's from Eric Blair's book. Maybe they are being faked, but just not talked about?

#418 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:24 AM

Why is it that the LJ XU1's have been faked so often? I have heard of heaps now just on this forum, but it is not something you hear about A9X's. If it is to do with the VIN disc, I thought the same details were available for A9X's from Eric Blair's book. Maybe they are being faked, but just not talked about?

Probably as there have always been large amounts of cars to fake them from, plus massive amounts of XU1 as well as GTR made compared to others. There were no (or very few) 5.0L SS or SL/R made during A9X production, and IIRC L34 was similar. Whereas GTR's built alongside XU1 made it far easier for crooks. I also reckon no-one really cared until recently either, people probably built replicas out of GTR's and today these cars crop up as XU1.

A lot of the faked ones will come unstuck eventually though, just like fake LH-LX. There is correlation between body numbers, PSN's and chassis numbers that cannot be figured out without the right information.

#419 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 06:22 AM

The one brocks72xu1 is talking about is the FAKE 9/72 Brisbane built car which was for sale on Australianmusclecarsales with white trim. 

SURELY NOT, I have heard on the grape vine that this car was purchased by a collector and now resides in a museum in Tasmania, SURELY NOT ? Can anyone confirm this ?

#420 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:23 AM

Attached File  04F584A7-702D-4DB8-9842-79115E1EE269.jpeg   75.38K   12 downloads

Attached File  420AEDC7-AF6C-4B3B-ABE6-C69B660E18D1.jpeg   89.91K   11 downloads

Attached File  C821286E-7BCB-45B3-B3AD-3D38D23A5F01.jpeg   59.67K   12 downloads

Attached File  303035EA-3CD9-4C89-9674-2A5C38DBDBE7.jpeg   97.13K   13 downloads

No less than the " National Automobile Museum of Tasmania "

#421 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:41 AM

I have heard on the grape vine that this car was purchased by a collector

A collector of what? Surely anybody who is into buying Torana's would know the story behind this car by now.  He must have got it bloody cheap. 

#422 _xu150_

_xu150_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:35 AM

Apart from the SMP car that was returned to the original owner, does anyone know where the other three Toranas finished up.

#423 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:58 AM

Or the SL/R's or the GT's, or the Charger's................................

#424 _xu150_

_xu150_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:11 PM

What SL/R’s , GT’s and Charger. What colours are they.

#425 skap

skap

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Name:Skap
  • Car:Mighty VN

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:05 PM

More money in isolation fines…

Vic police useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic