Photo

interesting picture

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 _LoneOranger_

_LoneOranger_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

The Mini Car Club of NSW just had a day at Catalina Park.
So you can still access the circuit.
Obviously it isn't usable as a race track.
I'm sure there is a thread on the ausmini.com web site under past events and cruises. One of the moderators could help you with info.
Or you can PM me, I'll see what I can do for you.
John.

#27 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

Hi Guys a coupla months ago,we had a lot of rain and part of the track has been washed away,i havent been down there latley,But the last time i was there with my local car club doing time trails,only using half of the track,the track is mostly overgrown with trees one car can just get around the track,But the dirt track is stiil there mostly overgrown too. In the late 60s and 70s i use to watch Peter Brock going flat out on the dirt track in his LC beast,what a sight to see,this thing going over jumps tearing up the dirt always sideways,I do miss the entertainment at catalina park,like JBM said the council stopped it from going any further,cheers.

#28 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

On the way to Bathurst my gf and i called in there and i tell u what it blew me away! She was'nt to happy when i made her walk the whole distance but that is actually where i was going to organise a cruise to some of the old skool race tracks that are no more.

Josh

#29 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

AHHH! so that was your secret cruise destination!! great minds thinkalike ay! :tease:

#30 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

High guys,My mother told me in the 1950s,The catalina plane was parked in the middle of the pond,a small boat would take you over to the plane,once you got in side of the catalina,they had a projector and a screen and the put on old war moviesand while you were watching the movie the outboard would go arround the plane to give it a rocking affect too make it feel if the plane was flying for real,cheers.

#31 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

So when are we gonna do this cruise Joshy ? id love to go there and wouldnt mind going to the mountain again and through the museum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users