Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

but there was a rta person that told me a engine mod, is just a modification done directly to the motor, to enhance the engines preformance, which the 308 has had nothing done. Will be finding out this aftertoon and getting a definet answer :) fingers crossed!

I think its pretty clear that an engine modification means that if the engine has been changed from original.

EG, had performance enhancements made or replaced with a bigger engine.

Otherwise you could drop a twin turbo V12 in there and say the engine doesn't have any mods, its standard in some other car.

I'm pretty sure your engine has been modified from original, unless it is some super rare UC that had a factory V8 but I doubt it very much.

#27 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

So now it does get confusing?
National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification.(NCoP)

They probably should have named it "State code of Practice"  instead of "National" which by all intents and purposes means "National" or applying

to the Nation as a whole?

Engine number should be just under #2 spark plug on deck,just above and back from oil pump.

#28 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

You can just see the number above the oil pressure sender in this pic.

Attached Files

#29 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

Hey is one of these it?

you might have too zoom in to see on the numbers haha, 

Attached Files

#30 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

And also guys, this is my vin number yeah?

Attached Files

#31 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

Oh and now that i got the hang of posting pics, heres she is, keep in mind that theres alot of work still to do. :) 

Attached Files

#32 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

No you posted up the oil pump and alternator numbers.

Look closely at rexys pick.

So now it does get confusing?
National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification.(NCoP)

They probably should have named it "State code of Practice" instead of "National" which by all intents and purposes means "National" or applying
to the Nation as a whole?
Engine number should be just under #2 spark plug on deck,just above and back from oil pump.

Its not confusing at all.

The point of the doccument is to try to standardize the guidelines across the country.

But because each state has law unto themselves, some have not adopted it yet.

Qld only recently adopted it before that we had the qcop.

#33 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

i dont know what the oil sender is, could u like describe it in looks, is it the 3 numbers on the grey bit?? 

#34 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

its all good guys, i found it :)

#35 _Snowmart_

_Snowmart_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:35 PM

You need to look from the top side of the engine, looking towards the oil filter where the head joins block, there is a flat section at the front of the engine

This will have your number, it may be covered in oil or dirt, so clean that part first, sometimes the engine will have one on both sides with different numbers
Record both as motorr may have been given a police number during its life

#36 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

dose this look like an engine number: 11WT427326 ?

#37 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

not really,have a look at rexy's pic,his starts with HT by the look

they usually have letters as prefix(s)

like this.

Attached File  post-2126-0-84453100-1421148216.jpg   62.89K   2 downloads

#38 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

ohk here is the only number i can find.. 

there is also a number tucked away on the head of this, would that be it?

Attached Files

#39 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:(s) not as many as I'd like but more than I've got space for!

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

dose this look like an engine number: 11WT427326 ?

Yes that's the engine number.

It's a Blue 5.0 litre from a WB Statesman

#40 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

awsome thanks big fella, i look all over the car and was still looking then cause of eununch haha , thanks bigfella, cool name btw

#41 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

learn something everyday around here :)

#42 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

haha ive been learning so much from these guys! im only 17, its like they are talking another language haha, they are the best :)

#43 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

It probably would've been easier to repost this picture...

This picture shows you where to look for it.

V8%20Holden%20date%20code%20and%20eng%20

Cheers Paul.

If you're selling the motor it would also be worthwhile giving the cast date off the block as well, it will look something like this...

date-casting-numbers-v8-001.jpg

This will tell you what day, month and year the block was cast.

#44 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

ok thanks bigfella :), yeah it is the engine number cause thats exactly were it is. and i might not sell it yet, not sure if its worth it

#45 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

I guess it depends on your finances but if you can afford it, I'd be filling it up with oil and storing it away for a rainy day.

In fact, getting back to my original suggestion, if you were to leave the Torana as-is and park it up for twelve months, the money you will save right away by not paying for an engineer's report (close on a thousand bucks I'd guess) plus not having to buy a six cylinder engine/gearbox/radiator/exhaust/etc., would go close to buying you something cheap to run around in while you get off your P's?

I know twelve months seems like an eternity when you're 17, but once you're off your P's you can do what you want.

#46 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

yeah but red p's is one year and green p's is two years so three years all up :/

and i bout the car for 6.5 so that was alot of my money gone... only got like 2k left

#47 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

Ok,i could not find NCOP rules for NSW,but if you can and it probably has already been posted.

Have a read of the sections that affect you in your State,they will be the sections that regard engine size,driveline,power to weight and fuel system.

Then check the rules that allow or not allow  a "P" plater to drive a car that has an engine that falls in the category.

The other thing as it has been mentioned a few times is that UC did not leave the factory with a V8,it is a bit of bullshit rule

in a way because LH/X did.The only probable difference is that UC had slightly different steering geometry but basically the K frame

was the same as the rest, although legend has it the LCA's were of lighter material along with a few other ("improvements"),and all

that should be needed for V8 into UC is springs and V8 brake booster...along with the normal common sense stuff to make things fit.

The NCOP rules seem at most part just a common sense outline,but because the V8 may come under the.."never came out with it and over power" thing then as already suggested...drop a 6 in it for while.

Even though they might not have come with a blue 3.3 and were an emissions type vehicle,from what i can make out from NCOP is that as long it meets the ADR for emissions with the type of engine fitted there will be no problems regardless of what color it is painted.

"If" going down the blue engine transplant track,it might pay to see or hear or drive or all these things before you buy,they had a varaijet carby that could be trouble or they could be nice.

#48 _UC Kid_

_UC Kid_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

Yeah enunch I agree with you, I really want to put blue 202 in and it's the same size as red 202 3.3l, with not much power output difference. I have spoken to a guy about it and he thinks it's fine and he also said the same thing about the carby.. You are the third person to send me that file now about the certificate thing haha , it is very good! And I have nearly read every bit of it... :) And I have been looking for red 202 with pollution control gear but it's hard to find cause most have been taken out :( when the blue 202 that I'm looking at is still all in tack ;) thanks

#49 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:43 PM

UC Kid, on 05 Feb 2015 - 13:49, said: "blue is 12 port head so would that make any difference??"

No it won't,it is a pollution engine and that is all that matters !

#50 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

Slight tangent but touching on a point EunUCh made, LX LCA's are the same as UC, the LH had much thicker ones.

Cheers. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: v8, engine, 308, kw, PMR, torana, uc, question, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users