lc gtr door trim metal tops

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _Skiids_

_Skiids_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

Hi. Looking get some gtr door trims for my LC. But people are wanting exchange metal tops. What are these and are they specific to the lc gtr door trim. I cant find a set of these anywhere. Are all door trims the same where I may be able to salvage some. Or in fact do I need them at all. Any advice would be aprecitated

#2 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

there are 2 diff metal top pieces with the LC GTR And XU1, the curved section that forms part of the door trim, vinyl covers it so is not seen. the other part is stainless steel and is shaped so the top of the trim slots into it and is held in place at the top

4 of each as set for 4 trims. they are also fitted to second series HB SLs but not any easier to find

#3 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,539 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Hi. Looking get some gtr door trims for my LC. But people are wanting exchange metal tops. What are these and are they specific to the lc gtr door trim. I cant find a set of these anywhere. Are all door trims the same where I may be able to salvage some. Or in fact do I need them at all. Any advice would be aprecitated

If you want LC GTR door trims then you need a set of the metal trim tops for the door trim cards.

Also as Limo said, you will also need a set of the stainless steel strips the top edge of the door trims engage into.

#4 _victor_

_victor_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

There's a guy selling some on gumtree. $ 4000.00

These were mine, he payed $2500 for my gtr, 2 front ends , engine 4 speed, 2 diffs. 150 cd on Holden manifold. 2 sets of sprintmaster. Everything he's been selling for the past year. Said he'd do some work for me at my house.( never happen ) in stead of money for the car & parts

Lives around the corner from me.

Victor

#5 _Skiids_

_Skiids_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

There's a guy selling some on gumtree. $ 4000.00

These were mine, he payed $2500 for my gtr, 2 front ends , engine 4 speed, 2 diffs. 150 cd on Holden manifold. 2 sets of sprintmaster. Everything he's been selling for the past year. Said he'd do some work for me at my house.( never happen ) in stead of money for the car & parts

Lives around the corner from me.

Victor

#6 _Skiids_

_Skiids_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

Opps..

Yeah I saw that listing. I can understand a premium but asking 4k is just plain stupid.

Must be an alternative.. wonder if theres a way to do it without these parts. Or maybe someone can make them.

I want the GTR door trims but not to concerned if not 100%. My car is far from original

#7 _victor_

_victor_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

Not 100% sure . But think the LJ's GTR trim didn't wrap over the top like the LC.

Someone here will tell me if I'm wrong.

Victor

#8 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:Nuffin. Goin touring.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

Nah. LJ has vinyl glued to the door tops, like the LX.

#9 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

I have seen XW falcon SS trim pieces used, do the job ; look OK but only cover window section not the bit below the quarter vent

#10 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

Have you talked to Dash Original....They might know a guy who makes them in Hahndorf. Well I believe it was 6 years ago though when I got mine. 

I actually bought a set for my LC 2 door and from that bloke in Hahndorf, who made them out of fibreglass. I then sent my old standard door trims to Dash Original with the moulds and they made LC GTR style Door Trims for me. I still don't have the top stainless steel strips that hold them into place. You can do without them but the top trim is loose just sitting there. I am yet to find an alternative.

Edited by gooley, 03 February 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#11 _Skiids_

_Skiids_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

Ok thanks ill give them a try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users