tuxedoss

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:ss

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

After some info on roughly what the casting date would be for a HT block in a 6/76 or 7/76 LX. Anyone got a car close to that build date that would like to share the casting date on the block? Reason is I'm trying to find my original block or one that's close to it, I know what my engine number is and have come across one that is very close to mine but slightly higher but the casting date is March 76 which I thought might be a bit early for a July build.

#2 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

They will vary wildly from a few days to many months between consecutive engine numbers. It might be nice to get something close in engine number but don't pay too much as it is still the wrong number regardless.

#3 tuxedoss

tuxedoss

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:ss

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

They will vary wildly from a few days to many months between consecutive engine numbers. It might be nice to get something close in engine number but don't pay too much as it is still the wrong number regardless.

Totally agree, unless its the one then its just the same as any other block QT or HT in my opinion, was just curious as I thought 4 months was a bit long

#4 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

If the engine number stamping is original then it just means the block had a problem probably during machining eg a broken tap, got put to the side and completed later. GMH appears to have never threw out anything that could be used and sold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users