29 replies to this topic

#1 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

Well, I've made the decision, a hard one at that, but the car is now being sold. It's been a great 20 years, but to be honest the last few years have turned very sour for me and it's time to let the car go. It's not being used and to be honest it just causes me a great deal of stress these days. 

I'm going to be selling a lot of stuff off soon as well, I put a few bits in the price check area to get an idea of what they might be worth.

#2 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

Are you going to buy another Torana sometime in the future Red, may be not a genuine A9X this time?

#3 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:04 AM

Good luck.

It gets like that sometimes.

Cars are great but can be a noose around your neck as well.

#4 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

Jeez Red, sorry to here things have soured for you.  Thing's go in cycles mate, things will turn round for you in time i'm sure..   Goodluck with everything mate.. cheers Ian ..

#5 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

Good luck with the sale Mick and thanks for all of your wisdom and knowledge sharing.

Farewell to One of the best 4door A9X ive seen.

JL

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

Nope, I won't be chasing another one. I'm going to just buy a nice new car and enjoy life rather than stressing about a car in the shed thats not being used.

#7 308 Sunbird

308 Sunbird

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Name:Stuart
  • Car:SS Hatch, 308 Sunbird sedan-Improved Prod racer (sold), HZ Kingy wagon

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:27 AM

That's disappointing to hear Red, I hope you will still be involved on the site for your wisdom.

#8 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

I'm sure it will hit me this weekend when it leaves.

#9 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

My condolences.

Any idea what the replacement might be?

#10 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Funny as I heard a rumour this week you were selling it. And I understand why too. I sold my 5000 back in 2007 as I carried too much paranoia with it sitting in my shed when the prices were so inflated. I know you have other reasons than the paranoia too.

Hope you still stay active on the forum mate.

Have you already found a buyer?  A good car like your will sell very easily regardless.

All the best, Gerry

Edited by Redslur, 25 May 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#11 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts
  • Name:Paul

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

Can't you just throw a cover on it and store it?maybe in a few years you will be glad you kept it ,unless you've been offered a really good price you can't refuse ,anyway hope it goes to a good owner all the best.

#12 V-SLR5000-P

V-SLR5000-P

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • Car:L34 x 2
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

Red, I hope you remain on the forum as your knowledge cannot easily be replaced.

No need to bear the brunt of the know it all di#kheads who have no respect for the contribution you have made.

Maybe just take a holiday from the Forum, enjoy your car and the world will look a different place.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

#13 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

I will just say, certain people who have been on this forum have contributed to my decision, but it's not the only reason. Moving house, driving a 17 yo car thats broken down majorly in two years with a blown clutch half way to QLD and a blown motor going through the blue mountains has just put me over. It's time to take the burden off the mortage and reduce the clutter and get out and enjoy some life with my son while i can rather than being in situation where I am going week to week and just making it money wise.

#14 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Did it sell to a member?

#15 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

Best of luck in your new venture & whatever life bring you Red, You'll surely be missed around here......

#16 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

Best of luck Red, obviously it was a hard decision but bravo for weighing it up and having the trust in your judgement for making it. Lots wouldn't.

Regarding people on the forum... It's best to take most what people say with a grain of salt. Hope you stick around and eventually get yourself another Torana.

#17 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

Just don't blow your cash on a new HSV... ;)

#18 _1072_

_1072_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hi Red I also went through a similar train of thought last november when the clutch gave in on my xbgt (please dont throw stones at me) so I went to my local ford dealer and put a deposit on a new mustang. My wife thought it was a knee jerk reaction but I am absolutly counting the days until it arrives. All I will have to do is wash it , drive it , drop it off for a service. I also sold my house (how stressful was that) and am currently designing my new home. All I have left to do is actully put my xb gt coupe up for sale but I keep finding reasons to hold off from selling it. How did you get the courage to pick up the phone to sell the car?  Cheers  Ron

#19 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

That's the reason I don't own a genuine A9X or SLR anymore. Didn't feel right to modify it, and always worried about leaving it in the shed or some car park. And as Red has said they are a 40 yo car now and do take a fair bit of maintenance. I got rid of all my toys years ago and put my money into the business and off the mortgage. It wasn't till twenty years later and mortgage free I had enough money to play with my toys again. That's what enticed me to become a mechanic in the first place to build nice street cars at a reasonable price how I wanted it, but maybe not how Holden wanted it.   

Edited by axistr, 25 May 2015 - 07:28 PM.

#20 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

Best of luck with the future.

All said and done, its just a car, but still a very hard call to make.

But spending time with kids etc is sure to make you happy you make the right call.

Hope you DO continue to contribute to the Forum mate, as often your voice of reason and knowledge is required.

Regards

#21 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

I wish good luck with you future plans Micheal, see you round maybe.

Edited by The Baron, 25 May 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#22 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

Sign of the Times Red,

I have the need to rebirth the RAT after a long Lapse of Time,

memories and the super parts are still here to create the tenth life.  B)

Wish you well in your Endeavors.  :party:

#23 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

Cars do seem like an addiction for some people.  Like all things we become addicted too, when they dominate our lives,  it becomes harmful to other aspects of our lives.. Balancing the things we love and can't seem to do without, against the things we need in life,  is always a constant struggle..  I,  like most of us, I have had my car for over 27 years, and I love my car, it's not concourse or totally original, but it has been with me all this time, almost half my life's memories include this car. I have washed it, polished it, fixed it when it was sick, and of cause talked to it. Car's that we keep for a long time, become part of us, and when they go, a part of us goes with them.. But like every other thing we do in life, they to some day will become memories....   Takes a lot of gut's to pick that day... I know I can't do it...... Yet!

#24 hawk

hawk

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts
  • Name:steve
  • Car:UC Torana

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

Every time I decide enough is enough and its time to sell someone talks me out of it.

#25 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:28 PM

Nice car it will be sorry to see it go , but life goes on , buy a good shit box , make it go well . and you will get more pleasure because you can drive heaps with none of the worry . My Russet gets driven a lot  , left in shopping car parks it's always there when I get back and if it does get stolen I get $15K , but the GTR stays under it's cover and rarely goes out .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users