GT Falcon Stolen at Gunpoint

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:07 AM

GT Falcon stolen at gunpoint.............  

Police are appealing for information from the public to help locate a classic car stolen from the Camden area.

The XW Ford Falcon is owned by a Picton woman, and maintained by her 47-year-old partner, who is a mechanic.

About 7.30pm yesterday (Thursday 11 June 2015), he took the car for a drive from Picton to Mount Annan.

During the journey, he pulled over on Cawdor Road, Cawdor, to make some adjustments to the engine.

Police have been told a white van pulled up behind the car. A male exited the van and approached the mechanic as he was working beneath the bonnet.

After a short conversation between the two, the van driver produced a pistol. He then got into the Falcon and drove away; the white van followed.

Police from Camden Local Area Command attended and started an investigation.

They are now appealing for information to help locate the XW Ford Falcon. The car is a bright blue, four-door sedan bearing the number plate 53714H.

Officers would also like to speak with a man who may be able to assist with their inquiries into the incident.

He is described as being of Caucasian appearance, and about 175cm tall. At the time, he was wearing a blue tracksuit with a blue hood.

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page:https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/ Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.

11200836_10153077734021185_757239950376111401014_10153077734041185_714992007159311390357_10153077734046185_4989341494334

#2 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:24 AM

That's flaming scary news indeed, Owner would be shaken I'm sure, It actually looks like XY and not a W, but there's probably not a whole lot of visual differences between the 2... Hope they find the scumbags before it's stripped......

#3 Covert

Covert

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  • Car:LH

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

That's bad news

#4 ido09s

ido09s

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Name:Brad

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

THATS WAY TOO CLOSE TO HOME!!!!!

Sounds like they may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time though scary that we have people cruising round with guns in their car

#5 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts
  • Car:(s) not as many as I'd like but more than I've got space for!

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

That's just wrong... bad enough we can't leave our cars parked anywhere unattended, now it's not even safe to drive 'em.

I'm suspicious about it being a random incident though, I wonder if they'd been watching the car or maybe saw it driving and decided to follow and see where it lived?

I know I'm over-paranoid having had cars broken into / stolen before but I do watch for cars that seem to be following me, maybe more so after reading this.

#6 _Muzzy_

_Muzzy_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

That's just wrong... bad enough we can't leave our cars parked anywhere unattended, now it's not even safe to drive 'em.

I'm suspicious about it being a random incident though, I wonder if they'd been watching the car or maybe saw it driving and decided to follow and see where it lived?

I know I'm over-paranoid having had cars broken into / stolen before but I do watch for cars that seem to be following me, maybe more so after reading this.

Yer I agree it was either targeted or a set up for insurance, any mechanic worth his money would be able ID the make model and year of the van.

#7 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

That's just absolute frOcking crap, what's the world coming to.

#8 2403jam

2403jam

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name:2403jam
  • Car:LJ GTR and LX SLR

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:12 PM

And a vl walkinshaw stolen yesterday from st clair nsw see it on fb

#9 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:01 PM

Yer I agree it was either targeted or a set up for insurance, any mechanic worth his money would be able ID the make model and year of the van.

Yep. 

#10 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

Let it be a lesson to us all, Install GPS tracking with remote fuel cut-out and maybe that thing wouldn't have made it past the 2nd set of traffic lights after being stolen... Cut fuel at lights and after the 3rd or 4th fail of ignition switch watch the perp make a run for it, As they're hardly going to lift bonnet etc. looking for solution... It's also not that hard to hook up central locking in these things with some of them actually locking the mongrel inside vehicle until Mr. Plod rocks up......

Edited by WhaleOilBeefHooked, 12 June 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#11 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

Insurance fraud ? Great assumption ?... Try having a pistol pointed t your head in the dark and lets see what you remember ! .?

#12 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:11 PM

I'm sure the donut squad will be straight onto this.

#13 BIG KEV

BIG KEV

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Car:LHSLR5000 and The 6LT Project

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:22 AM

That's madness .....make's you think twice about having anything nice .
I was on the phone Friday morning to my engine shop when they just found out that it was there VL Walkinshaw that had been stolen too .....Too many low life dogs in this world

#14 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:46 PM

Insurance fraud ?

What really sounds suspicious to me; if I have the story correct; the guy pulled over with engine trouble.

Would an armed thief risk stealing a car with engine trouble?

Cops would be on high alert for an armed and dangerous thief and I'd think he really wouldn't want to risk breaking down in a chase.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 13 June 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#15 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:05 PM

Story states "He Pulled Over To Make Some Adjustments To The Engine" So could have been just fine tuning the dissy timing or carb etc. Obviously nowhere near breakdown mode or the gun wielding dirtbag wouldn't have got 2 far.......

#16 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:09 PM

Story states "He Pulled Over To Make Some Adjustments To The Engine" So could have been just fine tuning the dissy timing or carb etc.

On a pitch black country road?

He couldn't wait to adjust it at a servo where there's lights, people, etc.?

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 13 June 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#17 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:24 PM

Theres plenty of light on Cawdaw road if you stop in the right spot.

#18 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

Theres plenty of light on Cawdaw road if you stop in the right spot.

Perhaps but to me the drop off point sounds a little too convenient. No witnesses, no lights, deserted; the thieves should've bought themselves a lottery ticket that night.

s

#19 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

I wonder what the punishment (sentence) if any would be applied to this?

#20 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts
  • Car:(s) not as many as I'd like but more than I've got space for!

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:59 PM

Armed Robbery + Firearms charges = a long time at Her Majesty's pleasure I would think

Which is really stupid (on the part of these particular criminals) when you think that so-called "kids" who pinch cars in the middle of the night get a slap on the wrist nowadays.

Edited by Bigfella237, 13 June 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#21 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

I recall some school friends of mine got busted up the coast; the problem with country roads is the cops block them off.  In their case they were pulled up with other traffic and told to use their car as part of the road block. They just sat there waiting and could hear roaring V8's of the cop cars heading down the mountain roads then the cop cars turned up and when the cops got out, pointed and said, 'these are the guys here!' and locked them up.

They got done for stealing handbags out of parked cars so I can only imagine the fervour of all the cops in the area that night looking for armed thieves in a 'supercar'. They would've been buzzing around the Sydney area like flies circling a turd; on the lookout for these thugs.

I suspect the car was driven to somewhere nearby or the cops were called after it was safely tucked away.

All apologies to the owner if it's a legitimate theft. Perhaps I've been spending too much time in the conspiracy thread, lol.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 13 June 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#22 _447SBC_

_447SBC_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

I agree with StephenSLR.

Edited by 447SBC, 13 June 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#23 jpxu1

jpxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

Perhaps but to me the drop off point sounds a little too convenient. No witnesses, no lights, deserted; the thieves should've bought themselves a lottery ticket that night.

s

I also side with this line of thinking. Maybe a fake/rebirth etc. Conveniently the car disappears before the knock on the door from Sen Sargent Gotcha and is never seen again. Dismantled for parts and there's a nice big insurance check in the mail to go and buy a real one. Of course that line of thinking could be completely wrong, and the innocent are just that until proven otherwise.

#24 _duggan208_

_duggan208_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:57 PM

I'm thinking GPS tracking, immobliser for my LC, or I would have to rely on my brown belt and having a firearm involved would mean I can use porportionate force and would have to strike at the right time. I've been in a some what lessor situation and was prepaired to act, thankfully it was a replica. You just can't trust people these days.

Regards

#25 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

I would have to rely on my brown belt and having a firearm involved would mean I can use proportionate force and would have to strike at the right time.

Good to see another martial artist here; I've practised gun techniques and if they're prepared to shoot you and detect you making a move; you won't outpace the bullet. Of course trying something is better than nothing if you definitely know they're going to shoot you.

When practising these techniques make sure your opponent has their finger outside the trigger guard, it will get broken and be wary where you place hand; hot gases escape from the rear of the slide when shot; on a revolver you want to keep your hand away from the hammer but you probably wouldn't feel it pinch you with adrenaline pumping.

I saw this one on facebook the other day, of course the attacker is likely to be more reactive; they're not just going to stand there when they realise what's happening but these are still pretty good techniques.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 14 June 2015 - 07:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users