Triple carbies return spring

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _xr8250_

_xr8250_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

Hi all

this is likely to be covered but I can't find it so here goes ... does anyone know if the accelerator return spring carried over from LC XU1 to LJ XU1s? My memory is that LJs did not have the big spring located on the throttle rod on the firewall but I could be wrong. While we on it, is the spring actually needed? Opinions and (better still) facts greatly appreciated.

#2 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:01 AM

Apparently early LJ XU1's had the return spring however it is not necessary and was eventually deleted from production.

#3 _xr8250_

_xr8250_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

The reason I am interested is that my LC is quite heavy through the accelerator pedal requiring a big shove to get it going and then all hell breaks loose, which is nasty in low speed corners in second gear, very easy to flick the tail out too far. Any other ideas re the heavy pedal?

#4 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

The reason I am interested is that my LC is quite heavy through the accelerator pedal requiring a big shove to get it going and then all hell breaks loose, which is nasty in low speed corners in second gear, very easy to flick the tail out too far. Any other ideas re the heavy pedal?

Are all your throttle linkages original components or reproductions or have some been replaced with aftermarket parts?

#5 DMLC71

DMLC71

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Name:Daz M
  • Car:1971 LC 4 door

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

I thought all LCs with 150 cd had a return spring from the linkage to the fire wall
LJ 175 cd had no return spring
DazM

#6 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

Linkage setup and even carbie tune can cause this fault.

#7 orange72

orange72

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Name:rob
  • Car:72 torana

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

Hi all,   early LJ GTR XU-1`s had the return spring an they were a different part number to the LC GTR XU-1`S    Brad Merrick is in the process of getting some of the LJ`s one made, Give him a few weeks an give him a call...cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users