warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

My daughter had some waranty repairs done to her car recently. When the car was picked, she was told "not to wash the car for 6 weeks with tap water, tank water only" Now I'm not a panel beater, but once 2k paint comes out of the oven it should be "cured", shouldn't it? This is the second time it has gone back to the panel shop, as it had sink back, fish eye's, & the original mark in the roof was still visible, almost looks like they got the work experience kid to do the repair on the black paint job. Still not happy with the repair, looks like a 3rd visit The car is a Hyundai I30.

#2 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

Crock of shit.

It does keep getting harder for a while, but no reason you couldn't wash it with town water.

It should have been waxed before it left the shop anyway. Will protect the paint when its young.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 29 September 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#3 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

Hi Warren

If this is an Insurance repair have you told your Insurer? Maybe if you put your foot down hard enough they will allow you to take the car to another repairer as you have lost all confidence in the current repairer.

Cheers

Dave.

#4 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Car:LC GTR XU1

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

Not sure if they would wax it, when I was in the trade we were told by the paint reps not to wax two pack for at least a month as it will trap in the chemicals etc still trying to escape due to the drying process. Things may have changed though. Some tap waters are pretty bad definetly would not let bad tap dry on fresh paint, especially dark colours.

#5 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

Hi Warren

If this is an Insurance repair have you told your Insurer? Maybe if you put your foot down hard enough they will allow you to take the car to another repairer as you have lost all confidence in the current repairer.

Cheers

Dave.

It's a Hyundai warranty job, hatch wasn't adjusted correctly from the factory & was touching the roof.

I thought the water sounded like BS, they were looking for something else to blame. 

#6 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

Very interesting.
I have found that this new modern trend of patch and go shops being screwed down to every last cent will tell you anything to get out of spending the actual required time on a job to do it properly.
If your not paying and saying how you want the job done then you got bucklys of getting it done satisfactorily.

It is a shame actually, because nobody wins, the customer is unhappy and the shop ends up taking the car back several times blowing ouyt their budget, forcing them to cut even more corners on the next car.
If the car is new take it back to hyundai and ask for a replacement car.

#7 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

You could also go here to try and get your concerns addressed....

https://www.facebook...yundaiAustralia

#8 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

The dealer is just as annoyed as we are, it's the panel shop that is trying to feed us a line

#9 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:10 PM

Rain hail or shine, we wash every car before it leaves out shop. We never give back a dirty car and we have never had a car comeback with paint issues.
They are feeding you BS

#10 _crumo1_

_crumo1_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

im also with ls1lx our shop works the same ive been a painter for 27 years now and wouldnt serve up rubbish to anyone its just not worth it

#11 slar

slar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:Rusty the Torana......Nearly complete
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:18 AM

Same when I was working in the trade we always washed the cars at the end of the job and applied polish and tyre shine to every car that left the shop......straight over baked fresh 2k.

Never had a return due to paint issues.

I reckon its BS too.

#12 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:25 PM

Agree with above. All our jobs are sent to a contracted car wash facility sometimes the same day they're painted & we've had no problems with paintwork. Being an NRMA preferred repairer, we give a life time guarantee on our work & it's in our best interest to do high quality work because if there is a problem, not only does it affect our contract with the NRMA (we are evaluated every month), if the owner chooses to have the job rectified at another repairer, we wear the cost.

#13 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:31 AM

Thanks for your replies. My reply to my daughter when she told me, was BS. The car has now developed rattles now, so more to fix.

#14 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

The dealer is just as annoyed as we are, it's the panel shop that is trying to feed us a line

About time the Dealer gave that panel shop the flick then.

#15 _trna76hb_

_trna76hb_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:27 AM

I work for a Hyundai dealership, you wont get another car as TerrA LX said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users