HTC Southern Cruise.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _powerlj_

_powerlj_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:07 PM

The HTC Event for this month will be a cruise down south, and will be held on Sunday 25th. October 2015.

Meeting point for this cruise will be the carpark opposite Scotty's Motel, Main North Road Medindie.

Time to meet will be 10.30am for a 11.00am departure.

Lunch will be BYO food and drinks. There is a cafe if you would prefer.

Weather report for the weekend looks great, so should be pleasant by the sea.

Hope you can make it....................................All Welcome............................

If you would like to celebrate Xmas with HTC, please have your payment slips in by the 23rd. November to confirm booking. Please check your newsletter for more details.

#2 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

HB friendly Peter?

APL

#3 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

HB friendly Peter?

APL

I will bring a tow rope

#4 _powerlj_

_powerlj_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:08 PM

You just made to NSW and back. Should be a piece of cake for Little Jack.

#5 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

I will bring a tow rope

actually I have my Ute with car carrier on standby at Mt Barker in case the Torana I just rousted from the shed has a bad day

#6 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

Never a bad day in a Torana Limo .... Some are just better than others.

APL

#7 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:23 AM

Nice day for it....

#8 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

exciting day for the test run, boiled on the way to the starting point then again on the climb back up into the hills,

pulled into the Scenic Hotel car park, my passenger thought good place to stop, released the radiator cap slightly and loosened the thermostat housing bolts

and let it all rush out. checked thermostat and refitted bolts, filled radiator again and was fine for the rest of the drive.

The rest of the cars had continued, so thought we could catch up by short cutting the planned route but no Toranas

make a call and one group was lost, some one in front went wrong way and rest followed

so finished the run alone

on  the way home car developed very bad speed wobble, flat tyre? No not that so drove slower for another 10 Ks then a banging and wobble from back.

stopped and back left wheel was holding on with 1 loose nut, passenger walked back about 10 metres and found 3 nuts

15 Ks later home, bit of work to do

we did the run though and got home under own power

#9 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

exciting day for the test run, boiled on the way to the starting point then again on the climb back up into the hills,
pulled into the Scenic Hotel car park, my passenger thought good place to stop, released the radiator cap slightly and loosened the thermostat housing bolts
and let it all rush out. checked thermostat and refitted bolts, filled radiator again and was fine for the rest of the drive.
The rest of the cars had continued, so thought we could catch up by short cutting the planned route but no Toranas
make a call and one group was lost, some one in front went wrong way and rest followed
so finished the run alone
on  the way home car developed very bad speed wobble, flat tyre? No not that so drove slower for another 10 Ks then a banging and wobble from back.
stopped and back left wheel was holding on with 1 loose nut, passenger walked back about 10 metres and found 3 nuts
15 Ks later home, bit of work to do
we did the run though and got home under own power

Good to hear Ken .... wheel nut are over rated anyway - that's why you have 20 of them.

I swear we drove through Mudgee to get to Normanville today.

APL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users