#1 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

I was wondering if anyone could run a tape measure over there Lc and let me know the measurements that I have annotated in the attached picture.

These trims have been removed at some stage on my Lc and I'm planning on putting them back on. Ive purchased all the rivets just want to make sure they go back in the right place as the lugs have been ground off.

A1 & A2 = Measured as near to verticle as possible.

A3 = Measured along the length of the lip of the guard

Also if anyone know how many lugs there are securing the trim from the factory that would be helpful - 'if a jobs worth doing' and all that...

Thanks in Advance

Attached File  Lc-Quarter-trims.jpg   258.98K   1 downloads

Edited by red6, 23 October 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#2 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Name:Maz
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN.

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:38 PM

i can do that for you tomorroz Rob

How does one of those strips come off .do they slide off like push at one end backwards,forwards etc to come off the plastic clips?

#3 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

Cheers Maz! They just pry off don't need to slide forward or backwards. You'll be surprised how easy they come off.

#4 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

Maz, if you look carefully you may be able to see a number of thin pieces of translucent plastic sandwiched between the stainless trim and the panel.

These are the plastic clips. They have a wing on either side that hold the stainless trim off the paint.

If you do try to remove the trim protect your paint with a few layers of masking tape and use a flat blade driver to gently pry the trim off along one edge only.

Edited by S pack, 24 October 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#5 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

Hi Rob :)   sorry for the delay bud .Had to go help the ol fella over the back change wheel on his tractor.ive done a calf muscle haha

ok got the strip off and your right it came of plastic clip very easy in 2 areas apart from they have two holes drilled for the metal clip ,

has same speed nut as the badges.

As you see in my pic from left to right ive only done 2 (no 2 &no 4) vertical measurements as its pretty hard just with metal ruler to get it exact

on that corner line.right along.i reckon with just these measurements it will be easier to get strip clips in right spot.

no 2 vertical measurement is to centre of hole same with no 4

far right guard lip to hole is measured to centre of hole.these measurements can be out a little bit as the metal clip can slide inside of strip....strip sits in about 5mm from the edge of lower guard lip..Oh hole is 4mm drill bit too.hope you can understand this Lol

Attached File  MY 69 LC TORANA 313.jpg   101.96K   4 downloads

Maz

Edited by madtoranajzedded, 24 October 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#6 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Hi Rob :)   sorry for the delay bud .Had to go help the ol fella over the back change wheel on his tractor.ive done a calf muscle haha

ok got the strip off and your right it came of plastic clip very easy in 2 areas apart from they have two holes drilled for the metal clip ,

has same speed nut as the badges.

As you see in my pic from left to right ive only done 2 (no 2 &no 4) vertical measurements as its pretty hard just with metal ruler to get it exact on that corner line.right along.i reckon with just these measurements it will be easier to get strip clips

in right spot.

no 2 vertical measurement is to centre of hole same with no 4

far right guard lip to hole is measured to centre of hole.these measurements can be out a little bit as the metal clip can slide inside of strip....strip sits in about 5mm from the edge of lower guard lip..Oh hole is 4mm drill bit too.hope you can understand this Lol

Attached File  MY 69 LC TORANA 313.jpg   101.96K   4 downloads

Maz

#7 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:44 PM

Maz your a champion! I'm sure that the positioning of the lugs left to right has a bit of variation depending on which day of the week it was! I hopefully yours was a Monday car not a Friday car as ill be copying your measurements :spoton:

#8 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:07 PM

Maybe i should check the other side for consistiency .there was quite abit of fine dirt built up in there .was nice and dusty though

dry as, and not one speck of surface rust there  :)  .surprised me really . as when they have painted it they didnt even take them off lol

Lazy buggers.

Are you using one of those dent puller thingos that spots the lugs on .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users