HX Wagon build

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 _Macca97_

_Macca97_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:33 PM

well I brought a hx wagon awhile ago when i probably shouldn't have, 253 auto, gts dash, commodore front seats, no front end, i thought there was only a little bit of rust but, once it was home, more appeared, so it sat up the other shed for awhile, now i thought it was time to bring it down and get started,

all i wanted to do was get it to run, so half hour with dizzy timed and points cleaned, and stuck float unstuck, it was running, only has extractors on it, so i just stuck some old hotdogs on the end of them so we could actually hear whats going on, stuck the hose in it, ran it for awhile, sounds bog stock, i was hoping for a little bit of a lopey idle, but atleast it runs,

will get some pics up soon, still dont no what the plans are for it yet ahahha, just fix the rust and go from there, will be going full bare metal though

#2 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

Doing things you shouldn't is what makes life interesting!

Look forward to seeing pics.

#3 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:03 PM

I wouldnt be to worried about the twofa sounding bog stock, wont matter a frOck once you slot the 202 in there will it?

#4 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:52 AM

You'll fit a few 202's in the wagon, easy with the tailgate down!

#5 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:00 AM

saw this old one down the street this morning....old guy and his wife, blanky in the back, I'd say he was the original owner.

True old school....he sits in the car while she does the shopping at the local IGA.

Attached Files

#6 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:53 AM

I bet he was listening to the races.

#7 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

Is that New Lambton Col? I haven't seen that HZ around before. Number plate will be the original. Cars like this were less than $1000 less than 10 years ago but none around today.

#8 _Macca97_

_Macca97_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

will get pics up soon, but i think i might try and find another shell, spent awhile digging for rust, and can almost lift the hole roof skin up on the LHS, so another shell is on the cards now, but not going to give up on having a wagon

#9 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:48 PM

A good shell is pretty likely to be attached to a good car.

#10 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

You are better off keeping the running gear and putting it into a 6cyl car. There are some nice ones on Ebay at the moment, one complete driveable one in Victoria for $5500 and a roller in Toowoomba for $1000. I can't post links but just search for HQ wagon. The one in Toowoomba comes with some 202's, one looks like it might be a HQ Bathurst special engine, but photo is too pixilated to tell for sure.

#11 _Macca97_

_Macca97_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

couldnt find the toowoomba one, not the biggest fan of hq's as everyone wants one, and i was aiming for a j to z since ive got heaps of parts for them, and so i could have a ute and wagon the same, theres a really nice original v8 hx wagon not to far away for $8000 but i dont have that kinda coin, might just see what pops up and save as much as i can

#12 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

I think the one in Toowoomba sold, it was buy it now.

There is a HJ in the blue mountains on there for $3500, looks pretty tidy.

#13 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

Is that New Lambton Col? I haven't seen that HZ around before. Number plate will be the original. Cars like this were less than $1000 less than 10 years ago but none around today.

Yeah Byron, Sunday morning paper run for me,..... I've seen that waggon around a bit lately...looks time warp-ish.   Local .

#14 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:20 AM

I scrapped a perfect, rust free Hz wagon roller about 5 years ago :(

#15 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

I had a rust free HJ Kingswood L31 M41 wagon, wrecked it out and sold the rolling body and back doors inc power tailgate for $500. Also cut up a perfect HZ Premier L31 M41 wagon for its firewall, so it was easier to put all the A/C into a tonner. That HZ had a sports dash too. Wagons were like Statesmans back then (around 2000) - best parts mines money could buy

#16 _Macca97_

_Macca97_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

found another one, going to Tamworth tomorrow to go pick it up, hopefully, its what the pictures describe

#17 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:25 PM

I loved my HZ 4.2L Vacationer. Bought it for $800. Gold, Rallye wheels, chrome rack on the roof, electric tailgate.
Engine was a HR code from a torana.
Had no carpet, could hose it out after going to the beach.

MRNOS bought it for parts and the engine last I saw it was sitting in TM64's yard.

#18 _Macca97_

_Macca97_
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:18 PM

got the one from tamworth, bloke said it doesn't go, wasn't worried, got it home stuck a battery in it (202 column auto), hit the key and nothing happened, wriggled the column shift abit and started straight away, ran for awhile, drove around the yard, reversed it in, and started to strip it, almost down to a bare shell and just the wheels,

im abit sidetracked atm, the boss has decided it would be a great idea to build a oval/speedway track in one of his paddocks, so we're all building cars for it now,

im taking the 202 out of the wagon and putting it into a Corona Wagon that had a starfire in it, so far the motor is in, interior is almost stripped, and just have to cut the front abit more for the radiator, welded diff and the 4speed rona box, and it should be some fun

#19 _Macca97_

_Macca97_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

well, ive made a move, wagon is now a hz premier, 308 turbo 400 (on the tags), didnt no what i had till it was apart, body is up on rotisserie, already fixed the rust in the heater plenum, and brought a new cowl piece off rarespares, will get photos soon, just been lazy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users