Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

14inchdragwaysfs.jpg

Splats. 

#53 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:58 PM

Splats. 

Oh i always just known them as drag way 5 spokes, but i get around in pretty tight circles, not allowed off my leash much, good to know there called Splats too

#54 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

Yeah was by total chance I came across there proper name to, always thought they were the same untill some old Cunning Stunt corrected me. 

#55 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:48 PM

I thought i might join the Gold Coast muscle car club, so i sent them a message. I needed to let them know my details and what car i had and since the EH is the closet to being driveable i let them know the details of the car. But then i got a message back from them that you had to have a minimum of a V8 to join, I couldn't believe it and just wondered what some of the little Torana guys would think, i think the LC/LJs are a Bathurst legend and are one of the toughest muscle cars in Australia. Oh well started to pull the EH apart and found some bad floor pan repairs.

Attached Files

#56 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

WHy buy an expensive welder when you can just blow some tech screws in?

That Gold Coast muscle car club sounds like a club I would certainly not like to be a member of, but would really, really enjoy going to one of there cruise days and blowing the doors off the cars owned by the entire comittee then submitting a letter to the club (which would have to be read out during corresponcence inwards at the next meeting) mentioning how they probably need a bit more protein in there cars diet as theres no muscle to be found at all....

Cheers. 

#57 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:15 PM

WHy buy an expensive welder when you can just blow some tech screws in?

That Gold Coast muscle car club sounds like a club I would certainly not like to be a member of, but would really, really enjoy going to one of there cruise days and blowing the doors off the cars owned by the entire comittee then submitting a letter to the club (which would have to be read out during corresponcence inwards at the next meeting) mentioning how they probably need a bit more protein in there cars diet as theres no muscle to be found at all....

Cheers. 

Yeah i don't think i will be joining, any car could be classed as a muscle car it depends what time and effort has been put into it , cheers

#58 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

While pulling the EH apart i found some good reading material for the garage stuffed under the drivers seat carpet

Attached Files

#59 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

Bloody over 10 years old, you don't find that everyday, SCORE, Lol

Attached Files

#60 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:53 PM

Floor pans are fairly bad

Attached Files

#61 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:02 PM

Got a complete set of floor pans from Rare Spares, Now i just got to sikaflex them down and then throw in the carpet in LOL. No i might do a couple of welds.

Attached Files

#62 SA EH

SA EH

Another Holden 6 tragic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Name:Jonesy
  • Car:EH Holden, E30 BMW, LJ 4 Door

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

Lol! All good EH owners have read picture magazine...

I'd be pretty keen on the sikaflex floor pans, I'm sure the rust will weld them together over time... Looks like the jobs already done though!

Nice tiled floor to work on too.

#63 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

Lol! All good EH owners have read picture magazine...

I'd be pretty keen on the sikaflex floor pans, I'm sure the rust will weld them together over time... Looks like the jobs already done though!

Nice tiled floor to work on too.

Started removing the passenger side front floor pan today, the fronts look like a bugger of a job with all the bracing that is spot welded under the pan that has to stay. And with all the rust and crap i cant see any of the spot welds, will have to cut it out in sections and air chisel the pan off the bracing members, will put up some photos when i stop swearing at it ,LOL

#64 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

WHen im doing the floorpan in a truck and face a similar problem, I plot out roughtly where the bracing is, then run a grinding disk over where I believe the spot welds should be. 

Only takes a few seconds to find where they are, the spot welds take longer to heat up and discolor than the surrounding metal. 

You can then either drill them our, or I usually just keep grinding where the spot welds are untill the sheets are seperated....

Cheers. 

#65 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:08 PM

WHen im doing the floorpan in a truck and face a similar problem, I plot out roughtly where the bracing is, then run a grinding disk over where I believe the spot welds should be. 

Only takes a few seconds to find where they are, the spot welds take longer to heat up and discolor than the surrounding metal. 

You can then either drill them our, or I usually just keep grinding where the spot welds are untill the sheets are seperated....

Cheers. 

Thanks Bomber i am going to battle it again sometime tomorrow, i will give that advice a go, i will put some pics up in the next couple of days, Cheers.

#66 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:03 AM

Boys there not splats. Splats are different.

#67 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

That's interesting.

#68 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:22 AM

Really you better put a pic up of your version of Splats then

#69 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

Finally got the passenger floor pan removed, LH/LX  are definitely a lot easier than EH, due to less bracing underneath. Its amazing how well a rusted 50 year old spot weld can hang on, i had to cut it out in sections and i took Bombers advice and just attacked where i thought the spot welds were with the grinder, the neighbours must be thinking this guy must be kidding, LOL

Attached Files

#70 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

2 projects on the go at the same time
your a nutter

#71 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

Don't you love it when you open up a can of worms (rust worms), the inner sill and some bracing is going to need a few plates put in, and the good news is i got another 3 to go, well i suppose if it was easy there would be a lot more people driving around in old classics.

Attached Files

#72 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:15 PM

Cool car mate,

Your making me feel lazy...... lol

#73 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:24 PM

2 projects on the go at the same time
your a nutter

I know sometimes i get up in the morning and think what the hell have i done, each job on an old car takes you about three times as long as you expect, but it is rewarding when things go right.

#74 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

Don't you hate it just as you bring the car out to do some work it starts raining

Attached Files

#75 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

I hate it when the Cunning Stunts from next door park there Kia people mover in my driveway as well :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users