Chamios vinyl spray

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _AquaSLR5000_

_AquaSLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:09 PM

Does anyone out there know of someone who does Chamios vinyl spray in the correct colour. I got some off ebay and its not even close to my chamois trim. trim is new

#2 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hi Aqua

what are you spraying? 

there are two paint codes that are Chamois. 

578 - 17214 (this one is used on such things as the console, seat separator, and front seat back panels), and

578 - 17053 (never used this shade so I am not sure what it is)

hope that helps,

cheers

Mick

#3 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

It will also depend upon what luxury level vehicle you are using the trim from. 60V/60A is called Beige on base level vehicles and it is all one colour, 60V/60A and the cloth variants on Kingswood (SL in Torana) upwards is called Chamois and the trim vinyl colour is a mottled two-tone. You'll never spray Chamois or any of the Kingswood upwards vinyls with spray as you cannot replicate the 2-tone mottled effect. Not sure why GMH did this, for the blacks they used 19V (black) on the base level cars and 18V (slate black, the mottled 2-tone black) on higher level cars, but for 60, 67 etc they didn't.

I don't think they used different hard trim items for the different types of trim (like console, plastics etc) but they did for the soft trim. If you look at the tables in the front of the parts catalogues it tells you which trim code on each luxury level used what colour item. The top code Mick gave you above will probably be the same for all plastics for all luxury levels.

#4 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,832 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:57 PM

I bought some in acrylic to do my centre console etc.

#5 _AquaSLR5000_

_AquaSLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:56 PM

I painted the seat backs and the colour given was not even close to the chamois trim colour.

Where did you get your paint from Mick?

can I now spray acrylic over vinyl paint?

I really want something closer to the cream colour

#6 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

Mate,

I just went to my local ISP store but any place that does manual paint mixes should be able to do it. 

Even SCA do it nowadays.. 

just give them the codes.

cheers

Mick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users