Temp gauge, where should it sit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _abstar_

_abstar_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

Hi guys

New hatch, late 77 253 no thermo fans, has been running at 3/4 on temp gauge, all cooling system ok, IR tested and sits around 65 deg all day and up to 82 when pushed (thermostat)

Have fitted an 82c thermostat and new blue ring sender and now temp guage sits on the start mark when off and barely 1/8th when running.

Im wondering where everybody elses temp guage sits that's running something similar? For me a 1/4 is comfortable and this barely registering is most annoying.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Abi

#2 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:46 PM

There is a thread on something like this about on the forum. I actually think the sender should be the white ringed one and perhaps having a blue one has altered your gauage reading. Someone will correct me if I am wrong though.

Temp gauges normally sit between a quarter and a half from my experiences in normal operating conditions.

I always fit a remote VDO or SPECO temp gauage as I don't entirely trust the standard gauges, especially after 40 or so years of use :-)

#3 _abstar_

_abstar_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

Thanks redslur

just found the thread, I should've searched for the temp sender rather than the gauge!

That's what im used to- at least a quarter. The LH has a second  temp gauge, agree its a great idea, this cars new to the stable so working out the kinks

Cheers

Abi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users