historic touring cars support category v8s

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

Well got confirmation last week that the historic touring cars are the only local category running as supports for the upcoming v8 supercars round at barbagallo beginning of next month. .

Believe so far there are thirty something competitors with their hand up to compete so should run full 32 car fields most of the weekend.

At this point there should be 2 ljs running. .

In the hope the rain gods bless us with some moisture I'll be trying to get a wet setup organised. .

So with this, does anyone in wa have some 13x7 wheels they be willing to part with? ? Can't quite scrape together the 850 for my new rims yet so want something to get me through the meeting!

#2 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

Dan hope all goes well on the day.

#3 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Should be sweet grant. Will give ya a call when you're back to normal routine! Cars in primer this weekend then paint next, few small tweaks to motor next weekend, got new rubber sitting there. .new brakes sorted... really no excuses yet haha.

#4 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:27 AM

what colour are u painting it 

#5 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

All will be revealed soon enough mate.😆 . Got too many ppl guessing at the moment.

#6 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

Well there's mine and one other torana confirmed at the meeting so far. We should be in for some close racing. Qualifying Friday morning, 2 races Saturday, 1 race sunday.

#7 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:49 PM

Hey do you guys get any Foxtel coverage ??

#8 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:01 AM

Don't think so. .the $$$ they want is bullsh#t apparently.

#9 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:16 PM

Bummer, have you got an entry list at all, Stubber running his Camaro ? Who is driving the other Torana?

Edited by Thomastorana, 03 May 2016 - 08:17 PM.

#10 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:44 AM

No not seen a complete entry list , will try get hands on it on Thurs. No paul won't be joining us this year but Hansen will be in his mustang i believe. Greg barr in the green lj.

#11 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

cool look forward to watching on natsoft

#12 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:17 PM

And a third lj has made an appearance. . Not seem it run before so might keep up honest

#13 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

Qualified top 10 good stuff

#14 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:45 AM

Cheers mate. . Car's got plenty more pace in her, driver bit rusty and still setting up new shocks ams brake package. Looking wet at moment so today will be interesting. Doubt it will be wet enough for a full wet setup but 4 hours and we'll find out!

#15 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

nice work with the top 10.!

Watched a bit of the qualifying/mucking around on Fox last night...1/2 wet track and looked slippery all right......looks like a great track.

They were going on about the amount of time the cars are actually in a corner vs. in a straight line on that track......not much straight ahead time, so your suspension tweaks are probably more important than  normal?

#16 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:17 PM

Dan how did the new motor go - have you run it up on the dyno yet 

#17 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

Cheers guys.. r1 car was great. Made some places and was dicing with blokes i shouldn't be near. .very happy! Tyres,Brakes and handling were spot on.

R2 was very greasy last minute decision not to put the wets on backfired but that's the gamble. Hot spot on a rotor caused violent steering wheel vibration so backed off slightly

R3 today oil pressure slightly lower than usual so pulled in. Not interested in taking gamble with motor.suspension changes felt spot on, even after a terrible start thought car should be top 6 or 7th place contender

#18 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:57 PM

what pads are you running.

#19 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

I'll try give you a shout later in the week mate. Can discuss few things.

#20 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

And rallyred, yes this is all true re the corners vs straights, but very much a hp track with limited passing areas.

#21 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

https://m.youtube.co...e&v=Rtrwoo81Z6g

#22 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:17 PM

great vid. 

Saw the oil light flicker....what psi is it set at?......not that it really matters, its more about what is ""normal"" for your car?

#23 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

Light set at 15psi so she's all good.. at this point i think the spring in oil pump pressure adjuster slipped over the bolt, thus lowering the oil pressure.

#24 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for sharing, that is great footage and some very good driving on display.

*Spoiler Alert

I particularly liked the bit where you caught the two cars in 2 laps at the same place, took some balls and unlucky not to hang on to that spot.

#25 _datpsi_

_datpsi_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

Haha cheers potta.. vid doesn't show how damp the track actually was. .the v8 boys were struggling. The mustang is darryl hansens, an absolute awesome car.. you'll never see a torana pull that off with him again haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users