Club rego

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 _steve253_

_steve253_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:04 PM

Gday all. Im thinking of putting my torana on historic rego. To save some money, Ive got 2 cars and a bike. I know you have to join a club and go through them, but im not really a club person as Im busy with work and other comitments. Do you have to go to a certain amount of club outings. What would I need to do to put the car on club rego. What needs to be done to go from club rego back to normal  NSW rego, if needed. What clubs around the NSW central coast do club rego. Cheers Steve

#2 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

Hi Steve,

From what I understand...

Club rules vary from club to club regarding the number of meeting, runs, social things that need to be attended to qualify for the Conditional Rego Scheme in NSW.

Some clubs are fairly loose, others quite prescriptive.

Need to remember ( consider) that the CRS ( Club ) rego is related to being in a club and engaging in club activies, I dont think it was implemented to allow a cheap rego, as such. However, it certainly achieves it !!

I have 2 Toranas on it.

I reckon clubs are a good source of social stuff and hanging with like minded people, sure there are rivet counters, but equally there are people who couldnt give a sh$#@t about tags and numbers, just like driving the old things. The CRS is certainly a $$ saver though.

The Hunter Valley Torana Club ( based in Newcastle) has several members from the Central Coast...check out their website.

They run a well sorted club with heaps of runs.

Regards

Col

#3 Dodgey

Dodgey

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Name:Steve

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:45 PM

Steve

I agree with Col. Club rego generally expects club participation.

However, NSW Roads & Maritime are currently running a Classic Vehicle Log Book trial.

"The log book trial allows classic vehicles to be used for 60 days of general use (ie maintenance and personal use) each year, outside of club organised events. Each day of general use must be recorded in a log book issued at a registry or service centre.

The log book trial will operate for two years, with an evaluation to be completed during this period as part of Roads and Maritime’s review of the overall Conditional Registration Scheme."

Hope this helps.

http://www.rms.nsw.g...book-trial.html

Regards

Steve

#4 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:27 AM

To the best of my knowledge the above system is only available for vehicles that qualify for historic rego at this stage. I rang RMS to see when modified classics will be included but they couldn't tell me. I also visited a RMS branch to ask and the young lady said yeah it's been up and running since last October, I told her that was for the historics only but she said no it's fine. Next I contacted my club and was told no it's only for historics at this stage and my car wouldn't be eligible and I'd have to wait for the modified classics system to start.

My rego is due next week, but it looks like I'll have to take out full rego.

#5 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, as above, need to be in a Club, and on CRS/HVS to get the Trial.

Have not heard that the RMS have released the Modified car Version yet , although they did say "" Ëarly 2016"", ??

Reckon they would be sorting through the requirements ?..to provide an Eng. Cert.?? and a Blue Slip etc etc? ( may be that many hoops to jump through that it ends up costing same as full rego?..although the greenslip should be cheaper if they are fair dinkum.

#6 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:46 AM

I have my LJ on club plates,I joined the Mildura Muscle Car Club,our rules are that a member attends 4 meetings a year,it's one night a month,not sure on how many runs.We have an event pretty well every month,some are a weekend run and an overnight stay somewhere,our club has around 250 members we quite often have 50 plus cars on a run,and yes there is the normal Ford Holden rivalry lol

#7 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:18 AM

^^^ That would be 4 meetings too many in my book. Rules are for prisons and employers....not car dudes.

Prefer a different club :)

#8 _trna76hb_

_trna76hb_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

I was in the Central Coast Holden Car club.

I have now joined Australian Street Machine Association inc.

Speak to Garry, great guy &  very helpful.

Ian

#9 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, as above, need to be in a Club, and on CRS/HVS to get the Trial.

Have not heard that the RMS have released the Modified car Version yet , although they did say "" Ëarly 2016"", ??

Reckon they would be sorting through the requirements ?..to provide an Eng. Cert.?? and a Blue Slip etc etc? ( may be that many hoops to jump through that it ends up costing same as full rego?..although the greenslip should be cheaper if they are fair dinkum.

Col, do you know what the CRS is? The only reason I can't qualify for the historics rego is due to carbs,exhaust and brakes not being std. Everything is is pretty close to original, so it's not really overly modified.

#10 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

Okey dokey ...i thought your car was modified . Outward standard appearance would keep most clubs happy for CRS.

P.s see my other post at about 7am this morning...lets just say I had a few last nite. Sorry mate.

#11 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:21 PM

My car has exhaust modifications,carb and it still meets the "H" rego criteria,as far as I know if you start doing major changes such as putting in a V8 in place of a 6 or turbo charging ect ect you then go on to the "M" plate

#12 Dodgey

Dodgey

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Name:Steve

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

My LC is on the Log Book Trial - converted from Historic Rego.

I am a member of MGCC Newcastle.

Steve

#13 _steve253_

_steve253_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the info. I will speak to some clubs and go from there. Cheers everyone.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users