Valiant Regal ruined during a resto, stolen from facebook.

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#1 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:56 PM

Ok, I know we have a thing on this forum about not naming and shaming, but I thought this vid should get out a bit, never know someone on here might be thinking about sending a car to these guys. 

Im almost convinced Ivy got an entirely different car back....

Cheers. 

Edited by Bomber Watson, 25 April 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#2 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

At least his last name is appropriate these Cunning Stunts need a bullit and i agree bomber it looks like a different car...

#3 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:2005 CV8 Monaro

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

Either a different car or all the good gears been sold off. I love the other number plate behind the owners! WTF?

#4 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

Either a different car or all the good gears been sold off. I love the other number plate behind the owners! WTF?

Agree Tony. I hope she has all the numbers recorded for her tags and engine cause that may not be her car.

#5 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:31 PM

Wow that is a $2000 paint job. That poor woman. I would probably take my tow truck too his house and pull it down or at least let him know that is the way we are going unless I get all my money back. Cheers Aaron.

#6 v6 torana

v6 torana

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Name:Peter

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

That is staggering......what is the standard of the resto for the bits you cant see ? Also did anyone notice the clevis pin is missing on the brake pedal ?

Attached File  val.jpg   116.13K   26 downloads

#7 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:34 PM

Either a different car or same car with parts missing and only gave it a cut and polish

Personally I would not of taken it back till it was done properly and would not of paid full amount till resto sighted and OK'ed

Department of Consumer Affairs

Department of Fair Trading

Channel 9, A Current Affair

Facebook

Police

Lawyers

AND any one else you can think off

Good Luck

RegardSS ..... Barry

#8 mick_in_oz

mick_in_oz

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:LX Hatchback

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:50 PM

Barry, the problem with leaving it there till it's done properly, is that the guy could never do it properly even if he had a Million years to do it, he simply does not have the skills or right attitude for the sort of work that car needed and deserved.

A great car butchered, I can't see her ever getting all the small and larger stuff in the sort of condition needed, to put it back to its former glory, its gonna be a long haul for it to be anything like it was.

I'm amazed at how calm she came across, if it was me I'd have been ready to kill someone, I prolly wouldn't be able to sleep for a month, and would have found a bunch of the less desirable 2-wheeled lads and given them some money to go spoil old mates day.

Hope it all turns out as good as it can for her.

Edited by mick_in_oz, 25 April 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#9 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:56 PM

If that is for real, its a disgrace......

Just hope its not an ex missus stichin someone up....thats the trouble with F/B...it is unpoliced for legitimacy.

Not dissing the post, just saying

#10 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,103 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

Thats utter bullshit if they had done that to my car they would be in hospital getting knee reconstructions
end of story

#11 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

24k foir a backyard paintjob & more damage than what it started with..damn.

She does sound calm despite saying 40k(?) down so far.

#12 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

If that is for real, its a disgrace......

Just hope its not an ex missus stichin someone up....thats the trouble with F/B...it is unpoliced for legitimacy.

Not dissing the post, just saying

This i a good point. 

She has been posting it on all the valiant pages, the valiant groups are a bit like ours, fairly tight nit, if it was a G up or something along those liens im sure someone would have pointed it out by now, but definitely a possibility. 

Cheers. 

#13 Covert

Covert

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  • Car:LH

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

The cars #@$^%&.

Have to assume there's more to the story.

Probably confrontation occurred before the car was finished as it does look like some of the work was intentionally sloppy.

#14 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:25 PM

Someone needs to belt those barking dogs.

$40k is fairly cheap to pay someone else to carry out a full ground up resto. Pulling the car apart, re-co'ing bits and pieces, re-painting and re-assembling.

#15 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

I agree... If its done to any standard. 

#16 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

Someone needs to belt those barking dogs.
$40k is fairly cheap to pay someone else to carry out a full ground up resto. Pulling the car apart, re-co'ing bits and pieces, re-painting and re-assembling.

She got ripped off what the frOck you on about

#17 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:36 PM

Well I imagine most workshops charge $100 per hour labour. Full Resto's are pretty time consuming things.

#18 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:44 PM

I've been through a similar situation many years ago with my little red car. It had a bare metal paint job, no rust repairs, that cost $5,000 in 1998. The car burst out in surface rust 2-3 months later under the paint. I went through the the small claims tribunal and got half my money back, cut my losses and had it all re-done again. This stretched out over 3yrs... Including both panel shops and court rooms.

Edited by hanra, 25 April 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#19 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:51 PM

http://www.classicca...u.asp?guruid=94

#20 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:52 PM

I've been through a similar situation many years ago with my little red car. It had a bare metal paint job, no rust repairs, that cost $5,000 in 1998. The car burst out in surface rust 2-3 months later under the paint. I went through the the small claims tribunal and got half my money back, cut my losses and had it all re-done again. This stretched out over 3yrs... Including both panel shops and court rooms.

Well if it was me i would take matters into my own hands i work hard for my money to hard to get a shit job like that
i would just send some of my black cladded motorcycle friends around and sort the scumbag out

#21 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:56 PM

Well I imagine most workshops charge $100 per hour labour. Full Resto's are pretty time consuming things.

thats not a full resto hanra surely your joking the whole car needs to be done again so its not a full resto is it i would agree with you if it was quality work but its a frOcking debacle...

#22 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:08 PM

I only watched the first 2mins of the video. She said she paid for a full Resto. So I can only assume someone actually spent time and pulled it apart did all the work and assembled it. Obviously the work done is sub-standard but for that price, I don't know what you would expect these days with our high labour costs.

#23 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:18 PM

I only watched the first 2mins of the video. She said she paid for a full Resto. So I can only assume someone actually spent time and pulled it apart did all the work and assembled it. Obviously the work done is sub-standard but for that price, I don't know what you would expect these days with our high labour costs.

you need to watch the whole video look at the car before she takes it there its frOcking 10 times better than a so called ground up resto they have done.....all the rubbers are siliconed on as are the badges scratches dents rust bubbles runs interior vinal not stuck down wrong bits put back on the front seats her original seat belts replaced with some old pieces of shit trim bits on outside of car missing the list is endless...... my favorite they cut the carpet wrong near her console that was left in the rain by the looks of it so they stick a square piece over it to coverit up wtf these Cunning Stunts need a flogging....

#24 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:20 PM

I know a lady going through dramas now. The only difference is her partner is a little different (won't take crap) and more than a match for the spay painter in any confrontation. This is how things escalate and people end up hurt, cheers Aaron.

#25 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:24 PM

I know a lady going through dramas now. The only difference is her partner is a little different (won't take crap) and more than a match for the spay painter in any confrontation. This is how things escalate and people end up hurt, cheers Aaron.

thats why mate you should do the work you are payed to do it also works both ways some people pay peanuts and expect a show job but when you pay good money you should get a good job period... this is an all to occuring story you hear every week some poor person being taken for a ride....

Edited by bullitA9X, 25 April 2016 - 09:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users