Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Name:..
  • Car:yep

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:33 PM

No idea how they do it here.
But its a pain in the ass when a "wannabe know it all" cop pulls you over and checks ya plates and then checks ya rego on his computer.
Comes up as silver '69
Yet staring at him is a green car with 1970 on the compliance plate.

Then motor reg has a fit when you try to sort out the f#ck up.
Sometimes i think id get less a reaction from them if i just pulled a gun on them....

'WHAT?! YOU WANT TO CHANGE MANUFACTURER DATE???!!! - SECURITY! !!!"

Its also a pain in the ass when you cross the border and their computer can't differentiate between states. So your car comes up as either unreg, defected or stolen...
Had a federal Marshall (?) In ACT pull me over while there for summernats.
Apparently my car was stolen.
Even tho my plates were for a different state. ... c#nt of an hour spent on the side of the road with what looled like a cop from the old show CHIPS. And no sense of humour at all.

#27 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:43 PM

Yep I know what your saying its hard to argue the point with someone that has a gun and  hand cuffs, but the facts are so long as the load is secure on the trailer and it does not exceed any dimensions or weights its outside their rules of any infringement notices for motor vehicles. Doesn't matter if it has rego or not.  However if all the wheels  of the car are on the ground on a public street or public area driven or parked they can inspect and issue defect notices. Any defects can only be issued against A.D.R rules. If they issue any defects outside the current ADR rules they must be a licenced mechanic  on type and hold a current RMS authorised inspection licence with appropriate testing equipment. Many of these wankers have been challenged and lost in courts because they have no mechanical training.  You probably noticed recently that the cops and RMS boys run roadside inspection together for this reason. Tasmania have a better approach, all their Hwy enforcements are carried out by police mechanical trained staff and leave the crimes the regular patrol guys.     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users