Holley 350 Carb Cam Adjustment

Holley 202 Cam adjustment

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _LC0033_

_LC0033_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

Hi guys my standard 202 engine with a 350 Holley recently had a flat spot, putting your foot down the engine would choke out and possibly stall.
I went through possible problems vacuum leaks, timing and mixture, etc and came to a conclusion to fix this problem regarding the 350 Holley it is need to change the carburettor accelerator pump cam these cams come in a kit of different colours and I have found with the standard 202 with 54 size jets the brown coloured cam is needed and works the best this kit was $40.
Just thought I'd let you all know as I am very happy with the conclusion and thought it could be helpful to others

#2 I'm a Red Motor fiend

I'm a Red Motor fiend

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Car:LJ 4 door, LC GTR
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:34 AM

If your engine is bog stock as you say take that shitty 350 off and put a standard strommy on. That Holley is doing nothing for you bar funnelling excess fuel in. If you had a mild cam and some head work done, maybe, MAYBE I might leave it on.

#3 _oldjohnno_

_oldjohnno_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:01 AM

A couple of the bigger cams including the brown one are meant to be used with a 5cc pump, the 3cc pump with a brown cam will run out of stroke. It'll still work but the pump might eventually work loose.

#4 _LC0033_

_LC0033_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for your help. I will check out the pump and see what cc it is 

I know the 350 is not the correct carby to be used for a stock motor but i will putting up with it now until we find a stromberg and or do some headwork to the motor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users