SPRINGNATS

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

Want to know any info on Springnats? Well ask me and i will endevour to give you the right answers as it seems people are going around different sites on the web and using my name and after this being brought to my attension thought it was time to speak on behalf of Springnats on what really is happening and not rumors.
Regards Les Adams
Promotions Manager
Springnats pty ltd
Ph 0417 511557
Email [email protected]
Web Address www.springcarnationals.com
Mail Address P.O.Box 2177 Shepparton 3632

#2 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

hi welcom and thanx for that, nothing worse than chinese wispers.
went to your web site and tried to watch/download clips with no success.

#3 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

Gday Les,

Its good of you to come and try to displace any rumors! Nothing worse than that!

Hope the event is succesful.

Regards
Tiny.

#4 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:40 AM

Welcome and thanks for coming along onto these forums Les. I'm really looking forward to Shep this year, it's almost time to start counting down the days! Will catch you in November!

Cheers,
Brett.

#5 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:27 PM

i have been told by sooo many mates that this event a few years back was the best thing in vic until that accident happened however since i am only a youngen i am still to have my first outing hopefully not end up with a yellow canary im tempted to go this year tho for a squizz just wondering the spectators entry fee

#6 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:59 PM

We still endeavour to make Springnats the best event on the Victorian calender but hey cause i am bit bias,hope you do make it up for your first and make sure you catch up to me and if your ride is roadworthy you won`t have a problem.People its like this if new one`s like chevy_253_torana get into our beloved scene and get screwed then we all get screwed lets send a message out there that we are going to suport Springnats, Easternats,Calder Park and Heathcote etc before we have no events for not only us but future generations to enjoy.
As for gate prices please go to www.springcarnationals.com
Regards Les

#7 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

ALSO DON`T FORGET TO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN BEFORE THE END OF AUGUST TO BEAT THE PRICE INCREASES

#8 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

SHEPPARTON GEARS UP FOR SPRING NATS

With Spring Car Nationals just a few months away, the Greater Shepparton City Council and Shepparton Police are again throwing their support behind the event.

Chief Executive Officer Bob Laing says that the Council and police are delighted to be working with organisers to ensure a successful and enjoyable event.

�We�ve been very pleased with the behaviour of visitors to the area in recent years and we believe that the introduction of a total alcohol ban in public places over that weekend has made a difference,� says Mr Laing.

�The Council and the police were concerned about the behaviour of a minority of people and there is no question that alcohol has played a significant part in many of the undesirable incidents that have occurred in the past,� he says.

�The total alcohol ban has contributed substantially to the success of the weekend from the perspective of many people, particularly within the local community,� says Mr Laing.

�Shepparton is proud to host such a fantastic event that draws so many tourists to our area,� he says.

Shepparton Police District Inspector Graham Wigg says that police have been working closely with event organisers and it was pleasing to see competitors and car enthusiasts were really well behaved last year.

�The good behaviour we have seen means that police numbers will not be increased from last year,� says District Inspector Wigg.

#9 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:37 PM

Hopefully the police realise that targetting the entrants to the shows as has been reported in teh recent past isnt winny any hearts, and is definitely hurting the show scene. I hope they show some matuirty and forsight in the vehicles they choose to Examine so that the entrants of these great car shows can feel safe bringing their cars to enjoy in a safe and controlled environment!

Good Luck with the show!

#10 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

With Spring Car Nationals just a few months away, the Greater Shepparton City Council and Shepparton Police are again throwing their support behind the event.

Mayor Jenny Houlihan says that the Council and police are delighted to be working with organisers to ensure a successful and enjoyable event.

�We�ve been very pleased with the behaviour of visitors to the area in recent years and we believe that the introduction of a total alcohol ban in public places over that weekend has made a difference,� says Cr Houlihan.

�The Council and the police were concerned about the behaviour of a minority of people and there is no question that alcohol has played a significant part in many of the undesirable incidents that have occurred in the past.

�The total alcohol ban has contributed substantially to the success of the weekend from the perspective of many people, particularly within the local community.

�Shepparton is proud to host such a fantastic event that draws so many tourists to our area.

�Spring Car Nationals is by far the biggest event on Shepparton�s calendar, attracting up to 30,000 people over three days, and generates over $14 million of direct economic benefit for the community. The indirect benefit is almost twice that figure.�

Shepparton Police Divisional Road Safety Liaison Officer, Senior Sergeant Des Wright says that police have been working closely with event organisers and were pleased to see competitors and car enthusiasts were really well behaved last year.

�The good behaviour we have seen means that police numbers will not be increased from last year,� says Senior Sergeant Wright.

�However, this year the police have the power to impound vehicles which breach the new Vehicle Impoundment Legislation.

�The legislation targets high speed drivers as well as disqualified drivers and �hoon� drivers.

�Police will be using this new legislation wisely and will only implement the legislation where it is absolutely necessary.

�We do not want to see a situation where police are impounding cars just because they can � this is powerful legislation and we will be using it intelligently.

�We would be delighted if this new legislation was not used at all.

�As with other years our message to the public is the same � if you do the right thing and drive carefully the police won�t be a problem for you.

#11 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:11 PM

1)....Shepparton Police are again throwing their support behind the event.

2)�We�ve been very pleased with the behaviour of visitors to the area in recent years and we believe that the introduction of a total alcohol ban in public places over that weekend has made a difference,� says Cr Houlihan.
�The Council and the police were concerned about the behaviour of a minority of people and there is no question that alcohol has played a significant part in many of the undesirable incidents that have occurred in the past.
�The total alcohol ban has contributed substantially to the success of the weekend from the perspective of many people, particularly within the local community.

3)�The good behaviour we have seen means that police numbers will not be increased from last year,� says Senior Sergeant Wright.

4)�As with other years our message to the public is the same � if you do the right thing and drive carefully the police won�t be a problem for you.

1) of course they are, its their biggest revenue raiser of the year.

2) there were heaps of people drinking in town last year, the police had "other things" to do....

3) Its a phisical impossibility to cram more police into the town

4) thats a lie, they target anyone doing the right thing. if you dont get a canary on your car its pure luck, its got nothing to do with right or wrong

sorry to rant, it just shits me :banghead:

I will still be there though.......

#12 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

But at least its in black and white at last and i think thats a positive.

#13 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:33 PM

Drifting is back 2006 as is the Supercruise :clap:

#14 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:31 PM

Mikes Dyno will also be back so get over to him early and book your run

#15 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

Well I'll be going again for the third year in a row. The kids and I love it. I go up with close friends and their kids too. We make it a short camping holiday at the same time. We're getting up to Shepp on the Thursday night and we go home on Monday.. Saturday we'll be at the Nats all day, :spoton: then we'll venture into town Sat night and sit at the park and watch the cars cruising in the main street.. Awesome every year so far.. The kids started nagging me about it in August and I haven't heard the end of it yet!!!! :P

Cheers, Julz.

#16 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:12 PM

I will be there, the car will be safe a couple hundred kays away though

#17 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:14 PM

Lol, Makka... Who else is going to be there??????
Cheers Julz.

#18 _STEVO_

_STEVO_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:50 PM

got friends and family that live in shepp
they also say the cops pull over nearly anything with mags
Even doing nothing but driving past at under the speed limit and they pull you up
Its unfortunate but alot of people stop going for this reason of getting harrased for nothing but going for a cruise
Its the old story some dickheads f@%k it up for others and then they come down hard on everyone :furious:

#19 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:12 PM

got friends and family that live in shepp
they also say the cops pull over nearly anything with mags
Even doing nothing but driving past at under the speed limit and they pull you up
Its unfortunate but alot of people stop going for this reason of getting harrased for nothing but going for a cruise
Its the old story some dickheads f@%k it up for others and then they come down hard on everyone :furious:

you got that spot on stevo, if I was taking my car over there I would be taking a trailer for all times that it left DECA

#20 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

sadly makka even that i wouldnt even bother with!

all the cops do nowadays is do a roady check on ur trailer therefore the car comes off onto the road and suddenly they fine you for having an unregistered car on the road and throw the book at you!

i got quite a few mates over in shep and one blokes neighbour was a local cop and warned him not to go out after 6as the melb cops were in and were gonna pull over every v8 hot 6 and anything that looked good!

this pushy behaviour sickens me to death as it has killed the springnats!
and your right all because of some bloke getting killed while truck trailer surfing!

highly doubt il go as even stock vy ss commodores are being pulled up!
my personal kudos goes to (if its true) the bloke who the cops gave his brand new vy ute an unroady for different brand tyres to what the car came out with and took the B@stards to court and won your a hero !

#21 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2006 - 04:10 PM

SPRINGNATS 2006 PROGRAM

SCRUTINEERING
DAY ONE
Friday 25th November 1.00pm to 5.30pm (Sports Stadium)
Trader Setup 3.00pm to 6.30pm
Saturday 26th November 8.30am to 2.30pm (Sports Stadium)
EVENTS
Friday 25th November Roman Autotek Shackdowwn 7.00pm to 10.30pm
Friday Night After Party at the Aussie 9.30pm to 1.00am
DAY TWO

Saturday 26th November
Trader Setup 7.00am to 9.00am
Selleys Show n Shine 9.00am to 5.00pm
Spear a Spud 10.30am to 1.30pm
1.30pm Jack Daniels Racing Burnout Display
1.45pm Drifting Displays
2.00pm Roman Autotek Raptor Display
Go to Whoa 2.30pm to 4.45pm
4.45pm Jack Daniels Racing Burnout Display
5.00pm Drifting Displays
5.15pm Roman Autotek Raptor Display
5.30pm to 10.00pm Go to Whoa
BF Goodrich Burnout Eliminations 2.00pm to 4.45pm
DB drag racing 1.00pm to 4.00pm Dynamic Test Systems Dyno Challenge 9.00am to 5.00pm

DAY TWO CONTINUED
Jack Daniels After Party at the Aussie 9.30pm to 1.00am
NOTE top 50 cars from saturday,s go to whoa will be posted at main office at
9.30 Sunday morning ALL ENTRANTS in go to whoa please check these results.
DAY THREE
SUNDAY'S EVENTS
Springnats Supercruise 9.00am to 10.00am
Selleys Show n Shine 10.00am to 5.00pm
Top 50 Shootout 11.00am to 12.00pm
12.30pm Jack Daniels Racing Burnout Display
12.45pm Drifting Displays
1.00pm Roman Autotek Raptor Display
Dynamic Test Systems Dyno Challenge 9.00am to 5.00pm
DB drag racing 1.00pm to 5.00pm
BF Goodrich Burnout Finals 1.00pm to 5.00pm
5.00pm Jack Daniels Racing Burnout Display
5.15pm Drifting Displays
5.30pm Roman Autotek Raptor Display
Grudge Racing 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Springnats Trophy Presentations 5.30pm

All times are approx and could change without notice!

#22 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:15 AM

Wow, so who is going? I'm going for the weekend, friday, saturday and sunday. Cause dad is helping his mate Clint at pro-stroke in his stand or something. Well, I hope to see many rana's down there.

#23 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

I'm going with my 3 kids and my friends with their kids, this will be the 3rd year in a row. Leaving Melb on Thursday night, to camp up there for the weekend, and then back on Monday.. I've never had any problems with the police either and I've got a VX SS Commodore with personalized plates too.. Maybe the fact I've got 3 kids with me helps things.. The police don't even look at me.. I've done the cruise up and down the main street numerous times without any hassles.. (Hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself in saying that) :huh: I'll have to update this post once I get back... :D lol..

Cheers, Julz.

#24 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:09 PM

5.15pm Roman Autotek Raptor Display

Les,
I was just reading the running sheet for the Nats.. Raptor display?? What the??

Cheers, Julz.

#25 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:47 PM

Return of the"BEAST"at Springnats.

Thats right your hearing right The"BEAST"will be making a comeback and Performing at Springnats where it was last seen when the rear tyres went up in flames.Come and see one of Australia`s Icons in action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users