Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,029 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:45 AM

Whincup had a whole lap to re-address his collision with Mclaughlin. There is no way Tander would have been expecting JW to immediately slow down on the racing line. He only had less than two seconds to realize what was going on, then react, then take action to avoid a collision. And this is all without even starting to think about where Jandles is going to pop back onto the track.

#77 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

I believe the rule is to redress at the first possible instance.....   if that was the last lap, I don't think they would allow Wincup to pass the finishing line without redressing..

Wincup was responsible for the first bump.........  but he had nothing to do with the second crash ....

#78 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

if that was the last lap, I don't think they would allow Wincup to pass the finishing line without redressing.

The way I read it it wouldn't matter if it was the last corner on the last lap. If he didn't redress he would incur a penalty.

#79 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:52 PM

Whincup had a whole lap to re-address his collision with Mclaughlin. There is no way Tander would have been expecting JW to immediately slow down on the racing line. He only had less than two seconds to realize what was going on, then react, then take action to avoid a collision. And this is all without even starting to think about where Jandles is going to pop back onto the track.

Two seconds is a looong, loooooong time in motorsport and easilly enough time to do the above. 

Tander was no where to be seen before the attempted redress, he pulled up behind Whincup with plenty of time to just slow down and sit behind him but he chose to try to dart around and pick up two places. 

Cheers. 

#80 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:23 PM

Two seconds is a looong, loooooong time in motorsport and easilly enough time to do the above. 

Tander was no where to be seen before the attempted redress, he pulled up behind Whincup with plenty of time to just slow down and sit behind him but he chose to try to dart around and pick up two places. 

Cheers. 

Agree. These blokes are at the top of their sport because they can react to a situation in a fraction of a second.

And it was more like 6 seconds from when GT would have seen the contact between JW & SM to when he attempted to overtake JW.

#81 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:33 PM

Agree. These blokes are at the top of their sport because they can react to a situation in a fraction of a second.

You've just got to look at the way Will Davidson reacted to the situation unfolding in front of him.

#82 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:10 PM

What Larko says near then end of this makes sense and I would say will probably be the result.
http://tenplay.com.au/sport/rpm

#83 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:20 AM

Yep. Hard to argue against what Larko says in  that ..... 

#84 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:22 AM

Dismissed http://www.supercars...peal-dismissed/

#85 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:44 AM

If we needed any more reasons to not watch the taxis, this bullshit decision would have to be the tipping point.

frOcking ridiculous.

#86 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,119 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:26 PM

Common sense prevailed

#87 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

fae2b3cf20a67040dcde25a5ecacf958.jpg

lol

s

#88 cameron

cameron

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Car:LX SS Hatchback

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:52 PM

As seen on whincups facebook page. There are clear rules on appealing any in-race stewards decisions, but for sheer stupidity reasons still filled out the appeals application and paid the fee. Big stuff-up and a waste of everyone's time.

Whincup vented his frustration over the futile nature of the case, given that it was eventually thrown out on the grounds that in-race decisions by stewards cannot be appealed at all.

Last nights appeal was a non event and was all over in the first 10min.

Basically you can only appeal a decision by the stewards if there has been a hearing, while there was an “enquiry” during the race between who I guess was Bargs and the stewards, there was no “hearing”.

Therefore, when T8 went to the stewards after the race to express that we weren’t happy with our penalty and wanted to appeal it, we should have been told we couldn’t do anything about it, end of story.

Instead we were allowed to fill out the appeal paper work, pay the 11k fee and lodge the appeal.

Last nights ruling took everyone by surprise and has made it clear that any penalty given out by the stewards during the race is the same as a free kick in footy, it can’t be questioned.

Cameron

Edited by cameron, 20 October 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#89 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

Whincup vented his frustration over the futile nature of the case, given that it was eventually thrown out on the grounds that in-race decisions by stewards cannot be appealed at all.

Last nights appeal was a non event and was all over in the first 10min.

Basically you can only appeal a decision by the stewards if there has been a hearing, while there was an “enquiry” during the race between who I guess was Bargs and the stewards, there was no “hearing”.

Therefore, when T8 went to the stewards after the race to express that we weren’t happy with our penalty and wanted to appeal it, we should have been told we couldn’t do anything about it, end of story.

Instead we were allowed to fill out the appeal paper work, pay the 11k fee and lodge the appeal.

Last nights ruling took everyone by surprise and has made it clear that any penalty given out by the stewards during the race is the same as a free kick in footy, it can’t be questioned.

What a frOking circus. Triple 8 should be refunded their 11k.

#90 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

Red Bull $11k...you and me $0.01..they wouldnt even notice it.

#91 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:09 PM

Bullshit, I agree, they should be refunded there appeal money. 

This whole thing is a frOcking scam, no wonder I never watch the frOcking piece of shit supercars, clearly Whincup should have been atleast given a fair trial, the stewards acted at very least harshly, but boom, na, no hearing. 

Stewards are very powerfull in motorsport, but they are not the be all and end all, ever. No single person or group of persons can ever be the bee all and end all particularly if they make a decision in the heat of the moment. 

Cheers. 

#92 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

Decisions has been made get frOckin over it

#93 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:24 PM

From the data we have been given it was the wrong one. 

I await the full release. 

Kinda like Gene going to court for being gay because two stewards said it was not good, then the entire jury going "yep the stewards are correct" without even looking at the case infront of them or the legislation around the incident and gene going to jail for a long time just because he's gay. 

#94 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:26 PM

From the data we have been given it was the wrong one. 
I await the full release. 
Kinda like Gene going to court for being gay because two stewards said it was not good, then the entire jury going "yep the stewards are correct" without even looking at the case infront of them or the legislation around the incident and gene going to jail for a long time just because he's gay. 

Now your being a dick

#95 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

rubbing is racing and holden won,

simples  :3gears:

#96 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

That's they way I first seen it.........  I don't like Wincup much either........  but he was robbed..  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users